What a night!

This is a discussion on What a night! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was sitting in my recliner tonight with my headphones on listening to a video when I hear this noise. It was loud enough that ...

Thread: What a night!

What a night!

I was sitting in my recliner tonight with my headphones on listening to a video when I hear this noise. It was loud enough that it made me take my headphones off. The wife asked me what the noise was. It was just a quick noise and I had no way of knowing what it was. I then hear this car going by that is dragging the ground like crazy. I grabbed my 45 and headed out the door barefoot. That was a mistake as the ground was freezing. Well when I step out on the front porch I hear this sound that sounds like someone tearing through plywood. Well my main storage shed has plywood doors so I head out back. To shorten the story I checked out my house, my neighbors house, the church, and another neighbors house. I then went back inside. I just didn't feel comfortable so I got some shoes on and went back out. I noticed a flare at the intersection down the street and immediately knew what had happened. This intersection has quite a history. Anyway I went down there and indeed there was an accident. The noise I was hearing was vehicles grinding in plastic into the asphalt as they drove by. I informed the fire/rescue that the hit and run vehicle went down my street. Well no one was in any hurry to check it out so I walked back home got my keys and followed the tire marks (he initially had a flat tire) until they turned into white gouge marks (this was going to be easy). I came cross the vehicle about 2 miles down the road in a ditch. They had abandoned it of course. There were a few people in the car because the back seats were pushed all the way forward so they could get out. They tried to yank off the license plate and then tried to get it off quickly with some tools. Funny thing is there were pay stubs lying on the ground around the car. I called it in to 911 and told them where they could find the car and two Highway Patrol officers showed up. I of course informed each of them that I was carrying my concealed carry weapon which they had absolutely no problem with.

What a night!

2. Remove Ads

Well, everything worked out o.k., but I don't think I would have followed the tracks. It's not my job. If you had pulled up to the car and they had still been there, it could have turned ugly real fast.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Well, everything worked out o.k., but I don't think I would have followed the tracks. It's not my job. If you had pulled up to the car and they had still been there, it could have turned ugly real fast.
    Nah!

If they had been anywhere near the car I would not have stopped. I didn't stop initially until I drove by slow, turned around and then scoped out the area. I was VERY aware of my surroundings at the time.

AL

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Left behind pay stubs? Too bad the checks weren't there. You could have cashed them as payment for all the investigation work you did.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Left behind pay stubs? Too bad the checks weren't there. You could have cashed them as payment for all the investigation work you did.
    Haha!

I have a type A personality so not following those tracks wasn't an option for me (retired Special Forces Soldier).

You come on back later...with the rest of the story.

We'll be waiting...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Reminds me of an auto theft story a few years ago,an old farmer had a model T stored in a shed and one day it was missing so he called the sheriff,well the tires had been flat for a long time and the thieves were dumber than most thieves anyhow the thing left gouge marks in the asphalt and the cops followed the tracks right up to a business in town with an old tow truck parked out in front,you can figure out what was behind door #1
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well done alelks. I would have followed the tracks too. Same type A personality here. I just can't leave it alone.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Type A here also..I hope it won't get me into trouble anytime soon..wife seems to think I am on the hunt for some trouble..not really, just have a passionate hate for scumbags.
    "Brains before Bullets"

Was at a martial arts class one evening at the instructor's house when we heard a crash. Some jerk, drunk out of his mind, had smashed into the rear end of my pickup. We watched as he backed up and made his escape down the street. Called 911 as he drove down the block, at about 1/10 of a mile an hour, making his escape. LE was there in about 5 minutes and he was still making his getaway as steam poured out from his radiator less than a few hundred feet from the accident..

He must have thought he was in the clear when he finally pulled over into the waiting arms and stainless bracelets of the laughing cops. No damage to my big heavy steel rear bumper but the front of his pinto was a mess..

Just another sultry summer night on Long Island.. LOL
    bosco
    Last edited by boscobeans; November 28th, 2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: wording

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a fun filled night huh
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Links