My dad tricked me

This is a discussion on My dad tricked me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My parents just bought a winter home in Florida, so my dad asked if he could buy my S&W 4506 to keep down there. My ...

Thread: My dad tricked me

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar

My dad tricked me

My parents just bought a winter home in Florida, so my dad asked if he could buy my S&W 4506 to keep down there. My dad has a LOT of guns. Semi-auto's, revolvers, rifles, and shotguns. I asked him why he didn't want to take one of those. He said that he knows where every one of his guns is now and didn't like the idea of taking one of them.

I had been toying with the idea of selling the 4506 off and on for a couple of months now, but never told anyone, even my wife. It's my only 45, and while I love the idea of having a 45, it would be cheaper buying one less kind of ammo. I never use it except target shooting. So after debating it for another couple of days I sold it to him along with the two holsters, 45 cleaning kit and a box of Federal HST. I added the stipulation that I have the option to buy it back some day for what he paid.

When I was at my parent's house for Thanksgiving, I pointed it out to my brother in one of the gun cabinets and told him how our dad was taking it to Florida. My dad spoke up and said that he wasn't taking it to Florida, that he's going to take his Ruger 9mm instead. I think he just told me that other story to get me to sell it to him. I should have seen this coming. He's been drooling over the 4506 since the day I bought it. My wife thinks he did it to trick my mother into letting him get another gun.

Now I have about 400 rounds of 45 ammo, close to $200 worth that I don't need. Only 127 rounds are FMJ target ammo, the rest is all HP. Winchester Ranger T-Series, Federal HST, Federal Hydrashock, Speer Gold Dot, Remington Golden Sabre, Corbon DPX, Taurus Copper Hex, and a couple of others. I guess you see why the 45 ammo was costing me so much. It's like candy.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

2. Remove Ads

The ammo will make a nice holiday gift for your dad... but well, if you got 400 rounds, you can space it out... A box for christmas, a box for his birthday. You should be all set on gifts for the next couple days.

:-)
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Links