Get Out of the Car!‏

Get Out of the Car!‏

This is a discussion on Get Out of the Car!‏ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Probably not true but still funny....

Thread: Get Out of the Car!‏

Get Out of the Car!‏

Probably not true but still funny.

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Grandma ... was that really you??
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    ROTFLMAO
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

seen that a couple of years ago..it made the email circut
    "Brains before Bullets"

Lead Moderator
    That was funny even thought Snopes would probably shoot it down. Thanks for the smile!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

my grandma used to do that all the time when we owned lincoln town cars. the keys would open the door but the key wouldn't go into the ignition and start the car. couple times the owners would come out as she was trying to start the car and asked what the hell she was doing. seems like a pretty plausible story though cars look a like and are in abundance. at least no one was hurt and they can all laugh about it now and have a story for their kids/grandkids.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    It was published in the paper and on the internet. It HAS to be true.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Snopes does shoot it down. They also say that this was a scene in an episope of Judging Amy back in 2001.

A slightly related but true story happened to a friend of mine several years ago. She had gotten a new registration sticker for the plates on her car. She exited the DMV, scrapped the old tag off the plate, and put on the new one. When she tried to open the car door, she found her key wouldn't work. After trying repeatedly, she discovered her car was parked two spaces over.

That was hilarious!

I grew up in Indiana and I remember very vividly a story on the Indianapolis news one winter night of 1978 (we had a blizzard that year). A couple shopping at the mall went out to leave and got into their AMC car, I don't remember the model, started it up and drove off. A while later, a man exited the mall and got into his nearly identical AMC vehicle, same model, same color and all, started it up and drove home.

The next morning, the Indy PD got to reports of car theft. Both reported that whoever stole their AMC cars, replaced them with nearly identical AMC vehicles but theft they could tell that it wasn't their cars from the interior and other subtle details.
    It took some time to sort out but they were both at the mall at the same time, parked within 3 or 4 spaces of each other. The keys from each car would open the doors and start the cars.

I remember the news anchors chuckling and saying no charged were filed in either case.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    That was hilarious!

I grew up in Indiana and I remember very vividly a story on the Indianapolis news one winter night of 1978 (we had a blizzard that year). A couple shopping at the mall went out to leave and got into their AMC car, I don't remember the model, started it up and drove off. A while later, a man exited the mall and got into his nearly identical AMC vehicle, same model, same color and all, started it up and drove home.

The next morning, the Indy PD got to reports of car theft. Both reported that whoever stole their AMC cars, replaced them with nearly identical AMC vehicles but theft they could tell that it wasn't their cars from the interior and other subtle details.
    It took some time to sort out but they were both at the mall at the same time, parked within 3 or 4 spaces of each other. The keys from each car would open the doors and start the cars.

I remember the news anchors chuckling and saying no charged were filed in either case.
    My first car was an older Volvo. My key would open and start two of my friends' Volvos as well, but I don't think their keys worked on my car. They weren't too happy about that.

ETA: When I was in high school, two of my teachers had similar Toyota pickups. One of them was a joker and routinely re-parked the other's truck in the next space over. It took him quite a while to realize what was going on.

Sponsored Links