Educating the Sheep - Page 2

Educating the Sheep

This is a discussion on Educating the Sheep within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 You have more 'energy' than I do to discuss the value of firearms with a crowd of 'anti' relatives, but it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Educating the Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You have more 'energy' than I do to discuss the value of firearms with a crowd of 'anti' relatives, but it sounds like it went well for you.

Stay armed...hope you convert some...stay safe!
    I just expended a bunch of energy on Thanksgiving day with the Godparents of my children. They were against the lady in Lebanon PA who carried to a soccer game and has been the subject of many a posts here. I'm going to expend as much energy as I can with every anti I come across. I will try to do it without emotion and based on facts and reason. However, I can understand why retsupt99 doesn't want to expend the energy with relatives or in my case, close friends. It isn't easy or fun.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    It isn't easy or fun.
    I will definatly agree with that. The wife used to be a semi-anti and i told her that she would have t get over it because it is me and she needed to accept it. Well she asked me why i shoot and i said it is extremly relaxing and if i am aggrivated or mad or need to relieve stress i go and shoot. Well college was starting to stress her out and it was to much to handle so she came over and said we are going shooting today. I looked at her and almost started crying. So after a few hours at home reitterating gun safety and a mini clearance drill training we went to the range.
    Well just a FYI she is a huge scrapbooker and she loved it so much that she kept a round of every gun she shot. Well on the car ride home she looks at me and says i want to get my carry permit. As a tear rolled down my eye i looked at her and said ok baby most definatly. Well lets just say that that night she didnt go back to school
    One of the greatest days of my life
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrashok Glock View Post
    I will definatly agree with that. The wife used to be a semi-anti and i told her that she would have t get over it because it is me and she needed to accept it. Well she asked me why i shoot and i said it is extremly relaxing and if i am aggrivated or mad or need to relieve stress i go and shoot. Well college was starting to stress her out and it was to much to handle so she came over and said we are going shooting today. I looked at her and almost started crying. So after a few hours at home reitterating gun safety and a mini clearance drill training we went to the range.
    Well just a FYI she is a huge scrapbooker and she loved it so much that she kept a round of every gun she shot. Well on the car ride home she looks at me and says i want to get my carry permit. As a tear rolled down my eye i looked at her and said ok baby most definatly. Well lets just say that that night she didnt go back to school
    One of the greatest days of my life
    Awesome Although my wife is somewhat of an anti, she doesn't object to me carrying, especially when we wind up in an area that may have her hackles up. I'm working on getting her to the range, but have not had luck yet. I'm still working on it. Got my son into it, but my daughter is still squeemish. However, with some gentle prodding, I think I can overcome that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrashok Glock View Post
    Well on the car ride home she looks at me and says i want to get my carry permit. As a tear rolled down my eye i looked at her and said ok baby most definatly.
    I see you're in Ohio. Where at? I am instructing a "ladies only" CCW class on Dec. 14. I'm in central Ohio. We draw students from all over the state to our classes!

Email me if you're interested:
    LWalker@BuckeyeFirearms.org
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

You want to talk about educating the sheep! I work at a big box gun store, selling GUNS! It amazes me the individuals who will come in, look at the AR-15's, and make the dumba$$ comments such as "those are made to be people killers", "no one should be allowed to own those", "those are scary looking", etc. GAG! So, I waltz them over to the wood stock rifles, (that they don't have any issue with,) pick out a .223 and ask them what the difference is between these two rifles? "Well this one....," I point out "same gun, different look". Always fun when they have that "OH" moment!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

To the OP, very well done Sir. I think you handled it very well indeed.

I am not sure I would even be able to give you much advice on what to improve. I think you did a stellar job.

Feels good doesn't it?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Thanks guys. It really feels good to have people compliment and appreciate what you do. It wasnt easy to keep cool when they started bashing and getting all crazy but like everyone said, it was best to keep calm. Heres to those trying to convert I know it is not easy but hopefully it will happen. I just get frustrated that i cant get my parents. Ugh
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links