Bad: Wounded deer attacks hunter who shot him

This is a discussion on Bad: Wounded deer attacks hunter who shot him within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I too always have my pistol ready when approaching big game that I have taken down....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad: Wounded deer attacks hunter who shot him

B52
    I too always have my pistol ready when approaching big game that I have taken down.

2. Remove Ads

Deer got kevlar? Next your going to see them ask for gun rights. It never ends.

Senior Moderator
    Gentlemen, this is not a hunting vs. not hunting thread and I have deleted some posts. Please keep it on topic.
    Hotguns
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Jang is right, always approach a downed animal with caution and use either your gun barrel or an arrow at arms length to poke an eye. If the animal hasnt expired yet, the eyes will show signs of life.

This happens far more frequently than one thinks. Even the most well placed shot will not terminate an animals life for sometime.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    I dont know about all of you but i definatly would have pooped my pants, matter fact it scared me reading it so much i need to go to the bathroom.
    Jest aside, hope for a speedy recovery.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Jang is right, always approach a downed animal with caution and use either your gun barrel or an arrow at arms length to poke an eye. If the animal hasnt expired yet, the eyes will show signs of life.

This happens far more frequently than one thinks. Even the most well placed shot will not terminate an animals life for sometime.

>>---->
    +1 on that. I've seen deer with heart and lungs gone run 100 yards on adrenalin.

I had first heard about this incident approximately two to three hours ago from a family member and low and behold it's already been posted. Your just too quick on the draw. With the dillagent members on this forum there is no need for me to by my local newspaper to read, because anything of interest will already be posted on here before I have time to read it.
    Give me my guns and my right to keep and bear arms, and they can keep their change.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing View Post
    Well stated and understood Mr. Morintp. Hunting is a paradox for me where I feel thankful for the gift, and still there is a sadness for the sacrifice made. Antis who eat meat should visit a slaughterhouse once to give hunting a proper perspective... (Never seen a cow commit suicide, not yet anyhow)
    I agree. Those who criticize hunting and yet eat meat are IMO hypocrites.

I think that if we required the outside walls of all slaughterhouses to be made of glass so that everyone who passed could view the horrors inside, few people would ever again eat meat. That is why I don't hunt, wish no one else did, nor do I eat meat.

However, it is my personal choice which I don't believe I have a right to impose on others who feel differently.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links