Ha Ha Ebay Scam Mail

This is a discussion on Ha Ha Ebay Scam Mail within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Whoa! I Had Better Hurry Up & Give Them All Of My Debit Card Information AND A Copy Of My Drivers License. Due to recent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ha Ha Ebay Scam Mail

Administrator

Ha Ha Ebay Scam Mail

Whoa! I Had Better Hurry Up & Give Them All Of My Debit Card Information AND A Copy Of My Drivers License.

Due to recent auction fraud we have issued the folowingsecurity requirements :

It has come to our attention that 95% of all fraudulent auctions are cause by members using stolen credit cards to purchase or sell non existenet items. This is why require our member to add a Debit Card to their billing records as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and reduce the instance of fraud on our website.You Debit Card will only be used to identify you and bill any open seller fees incase your initial credit card gets declined.

Please update your records in 48 hours after recipiend of this email and renew your eBay billing. Failure to confirm your identity will result in account Suspension .

We are requesting this informations to verify and protect your identity Federal Regulation Require all Financtial Insitutions to obtain, verify and record identification from all persons opening new account or obtaining ongoing payment services. This is in order ro prevent the use of the US Banking system in terrorist and other illegal activity. For these reasons , eBay will utilize services provided by various credit reporting agencies to verify the informations you submit to us.

Once you have confirmed your identity your eBay auctions or Bids will not be intrerrupted and will continue as normal.

To verify your identity click here.

If you do not have internet access or have forgotten your password, please mail with a copy of this notice and you ID or Driver Licence to:
    eBay Inc.
    2145 Hamilton Ave.
    San Jose, CA 95125
    Attn: Collections Department

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Scuze me but..........the people that are dumb enough to send in the info, are way to dumb to be a part of society. We ought to just use them for targets(running targets) at the coming IDPA matches. You know,I bet we'd have plenty of targets. ---------

yeah ill just flip my wallet open

Do you still have the e-mail?
    If so, forward it to spoof@ebay.com
    I get e-mails similar to that 2 or 3 times a month. I always forward them on...
    You never know, they may catch them!
    Good luck.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

LOL.........I keep sending that Mail to Spoof...........they keep ignoring it, or just deleting it..........I keep getting that Scam letter.........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrator

Talking The Web

The doggone web...This afternoon I was searching for down loadable free EASY piano sheet music (with named notes) for my wife. I'm getting tired of hearing Oh Danny Boy all evening.
    I was searching on the web.
    Damn what a racket. Jammed my computer up three times.
    Filled my computer up with cookies & tracking cookies...webcent & nextag & admarketing & webwatch & esomniture & about 50 others.
    Never search for ANYTHING FREE on the web.

I finally found a nice REAL & actually FREE site that is part of the University Of Pittsburgh.
    It is truly free With No Strings Attached....& no...only being able to print 1/2 a sheet of music...or other cute little web tricks like only Row Row Row Your Boat & Chopsticks FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Scuze me but..........the people that are dumb enough to send in the info, are way to dumb to be a part of society. We ought to just use them for targets(running targets) at the coming IDPA matches. You know,I bet we'd have plenty of targets. ---------
    I don't know I'd be that harsh RSSZ. A lot of the people who fall for these things are elderly, and a number of them are just confused/desperate/upset people who aren't in their right frame of mind.

I have to protect my grandmother from scams on a constant basis, and even my own mother has brought me things and asked me what it was and if she needed it since Dad died. She normally wouldn't even consider this crap but she is confused and upset right now.

I can see somebody falling for this who is not a total moron.

VIP Member
    I used to get spoof e-mail from "E-bay" on a frequent basis, but not very often lately.

I'm curious about a couple of things, though...are users of the internet so completely anonymous that even out-and-out fraud like this cannot be traced to a physical address?
    And does the brand new "internet annoyance law" apply to this sort of garbage?
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    I know that my Dad (who never gambled) or even bought a Lottery Ticket got hooked by a terrible Lottery Phone Scam coming out of Canada.
    It was back when my Dad (who was an absolutely brilliant guy) was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. He was getting old.

Then he got put on a Lottery Sucker List & was getting 15 & 20 assorted Lottery Scam pieces of mail every day.

He was hiding them all over the house.
    None of us had any idea that he was doing that.

Have no idea exactly how much $$ he lost.

The scammers opened up a Credit Card in his name By Phone from Australia & then upped the limit & then Maxed it out.
    That was close to 20 thou. but, luckily the credit card co. covered that once our lawyer provided them with medical documentation & the fact that the C Card Co. failed to notice unusual activity on that card.
    They cleaned out one bank savings account & were were ready to tap into his other bank accounts when my Brother just happened to pick up the phone & smelled a rat.
    My Dad was a Super Smart guy that worked on & helped design the first early Radio Guided Torpedo System for the Navy. Really smart guy.
    Just goes to show you that when the brain starts to go Bye~Bye then anything is possible.
    The Canadian police actually nabbed the crooks in Canada & about 2 years later....we actually got most of the $$$ returned to us.

After the case went through the court system up there.

That was a nice suprise for my Mom.
    Luckily, the crooks kept very meticulous records of who they were swindling.

Assistant Administrator
    My plans for these scam artists are not actually printable - in case I get arrested!!!

That one of yours QK sounds like it might have originated from Nigeria or similar - it has a bit of the feel of ''I have $10,000,000 that needs to be deposited in a bank there - will you help''?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    The doggone web...This afternoon I was searching for down loadable free EASY piano sheet music (with named notes) for my wife. I'm getting tired of hearing Oh Danny Boy all evening.
    I was searching on the web.
    Damn what a racket. Jammed my computer up three times.
    Filled my computer up with cookies & tracking cookies...webcent & nextag & admarketing & webwatch & esomniture & about 50 others.
    Never search for ANYTHING FREE on the web.

I finally found a nice REAL & actually FREE site that is part of the University Of Pittsburgh.
    It is truly free With No Strings Attached....& no...only being able to print 1/2 a sheet of music...or other cute little web tricks like only Row Row Row Your Boat & Chopsticks FREE.

Browser with Mozilla Firefox - that will help reduce all that junk by ALOT, trust me. It's different than IE, mainly safer to browse with and much more secure. Check it out.
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

I don't know who it was that said it originally, but I've found it to be true...

"If it's supposed to be free, it probably isn't."

Caveat Emptor...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

The latest scam is a bill from xyz credit card or an official looking pay pal invoice for a rather exorbitant sum. For your "convenience" they provide a “dispute it this charge button”. Never having clicked that button I can only imagine what harm it will do.
    simplyrugged.com

Get Trained Go Armed.

“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”
    Winston Churchill

I got a call a couple of months ago from a guy with a heavy accent. The phone rang about 8:00 Sat. morning and the guy on the other end said that he worked for some government agency and they noticed that I had been paying my taxes on time so the government was going to send me an 8,000 check. The catch was that I needed to send in a 275-dollar check for the legal fees and paperwork.

I don't know what the heck this guy was thinking when he called me, but I did manage to carry on about a 15 minute conversation with him. I started talking about the deficit and not to mention the government was already trillions of dollars in debt. This guy finally got frustrated enough and just hung up on me.......what a great feeling!!!

Assistant Administrator
    Hi Will - long time no see!!

I was almost thinking there, as I read thru your post - that after 15 minutes was perhaps when you informed the guy that - ''OK thanks, I now have a trace on you - my ''friends'' will be calling soon'' - that'd leave him wondering LOL
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links