JFK assassination

This is a discussion on JFK assassination within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Superman Conspiracy? Um..no. Good for the country? Um...yeah. Again though, good riddance to bad rubbish. I didn't want to type it but ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: JFK assassination

  1. #31
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Conspiracy? Um..no.
    Good for the country? Um...yeah.

    Again though, good riddance to bad rubbish.
    I didn't want to type it but I'm glad you did.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Member Array Superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma in January...
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I didn't want to type it but I'm glad you did.
    I'm often the guy that jumps on the grenade...or lobs it.

    heh!

    [I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.
    ___________________________________

  4. #33
    Member
    Array armado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    432
    I was in the 3rd grade, living on a military base in the Canal Zone of Panama at the time. The principal announce the assassination and we all left school early. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to kill the president. It made the world seem a whole lot less safer. The evidence suggests that there was more that one shooter. I wonder when the real story will come to light.

  5. #34
    Member Array Henmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    44
    Wow, sixth and seventh grade. A lot of you folks are OLD!

    I was in seventh grade, too.

    I was in gym class, and my mother came to the school fence and told me. The teachers were listening to it on radios. Students were crying. I was just stunned. How could this be?

    I have no information that would allow me to decide if it's a conspiracy or not. Either way, a man was killed in cold blood, and that stinks.

  6. #35
    Member Array barnetmill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    pensacola
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    .. It explaines the "Magic Bullet" crap (when the Presidential Limo is viewed from above, the seats that Gov. Connely and his wife were sitting in are "jump" seats. They could be bolted into and removed from the car for different seating configurations. They are more towards the center of the car and roughly a foot or two lower than the seats Kennedy and his wife were sitting in. When this is taken into account, the wound channels on Kennedy and Connely line up in a straight line. The "Magic Bullet" did not turn in mid air or do anything unusual.), and also explains why the round that Oswald fired that passed through Kennedy and Connely remained intact, but the round that struck Kennedy's head, from behind, shattered causing the massive head wound seen in the film.

    The simple answer is, Oswald go off 2 shots, one missed entirely and the other was the "Magic Bullet". The round that hit Kennedy in the head was an AD from an AR-15 held by a Secret Service agent named George Hickey in the chase car. Kind explains the cover up on the whole thing doesn't it? The Government wouldn't want to explain how one of the SS agents in the motorcade accidentally shot the President in the head. It also explains why the 3rd shot sounded different on the recording and why the rounds acted so differently and caused drastically differing damage. The round Oswald fired was a full metal jacket Nato ball round, the round the Hickey AD'ed into Kennedy's head was a soft nosed .223 round. It did exactly what it was supposed to do and was designed to do.

    .
    I had not heard this version. The bullet was not a "full metal jacket Nato ball round". The only full metal jacket ammo available in those days for that 6.5 was WWII or earlier Italian issue. Nato was not in existence then and Nato does not have any specification for that cartridge.

    Does this account explain the other killing that Oswald was accussed of committing on the other side of town relative to the death of patrolmen trippet (not sure of the spelling). Does it explain what caused the police to arrest Oswald in the first place, the lack of records of the police interviews with Oswald, or Oswald's motive. These are all of the sort of things that are usually needed to tie up a case in a conclusive manner. There will always be a lot questions when ever there is no trial of the accused.
    A carcarno rifle is not necessarily a bad rifle, but it requires some medium level gunsmithing to get it to preform properly. I have fired a couple of them in stock condition and the actions were quite stiff. Klein's of Chicago had sold the warren commission carcarno to someone via mail order for about $20 with a scope mounted. It is my understanding that the scope of the recovered rifle was loose. I remember that the rifle was first claimed by the news media to be a 91 argentine mauser. Anyway a lot the facts in the case are quite unclear and I and a lot of people are doubtful over the Warren comission's conclusions.
    The fact that the Kennedy familty went along with it is strange, my only explanation is that they were either bought off and/or were extremely scared. LBJ benefited from the killing and was not a man you wanted to opposed.

  7. #36
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,570

    Think a bit about what you wrote and implications

    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I
    The fact that the Kennedy familty went along with it is strange, my only explanation is that they were either bought off and/or were extremely scared. LBJ benefited from the killing and was not a man you wanted to opposed.
    Do you really think one of the richest families---and certainly Jackie K. Onasis herself after remarriage was one of the richest ladies on earth--- could be bought off on something like this? What about Caroline herself today? Would she stay silent? Would you be bought off to cover up the murder of your own sibling? It defies reason to suppose such a thing.

    Extremely scared? Again, these were among the richest and most powerful people imaginable. Scared? How do you scare someone who could with a few words on TV bring you down (I assume you are implying LBJ did it.) How long would he have lasted if any of the Kennedy family publicly made that accusation? How fast can you say impeachment.

    For the Kennedy haters, we went down a very wrong set of pathways in the aftermath. We pushed a war which I think would have been managed more wisely had he still been around. We got Nixon elected because of Johnson's failures. And we got Jimmy Carter because of Nixon's failures. I'm not sure we ever got things set right; and still are suffering the consequences of the Kennedy assassination.

    We'd be a bazillion miles ahead if Bobby K. had lived and run a successful campaign in 1968. Does anyone really think Nixon would have beaten him?



    History was warped and our future was warped. The assassination was one of the worst calamities to befall us.

  8. #37
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,137
    No one would have beaten Bobby Kennedy, not because he was a great man, or had any idea what to do, he was a Kennedy and would have been elected on his family name and brothers memory. I saw him when he made a campaign stop at Notre Dame. He could avoid an issue and tap dance better than Bill Clinton! JMO
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  9. #38
    Member Array barnetmill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    pensacola
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Do you really think one of the richest families---and certainly Jackie K. Onasis herself after remarriage was one of the richest ladies on earth--- could be bought off on something like this? What about Caroline herself today? Would she stay silent? Would you be bought off to cover up the murder of your own sibling? It defies reason to suppose such a thing.

    Extremely scared? Again, these were among the richest and most powerful people imaginable. Scared? How do you scare someone who could with a few words on TV bring you down (I assume you are implying LBJ did it.) How long would he have lasted if any of the Kennedy family publicly made that accusation? How fast can you say impeachment.

    ......
    At this point we are speculating without hard facts, but:
    Wealth gives you some power and some "juice", but not omnipotence. The Kennedy clan did not directly control the CIA, the pentagon, or FBI. Neither RFK or JFK got along well with FBI director Hoover or VP and then president LBJ at all. No coverup could have occured without the cooperation of these two. It is possible that some day the Kennedy Clan may make a move, but the bottom line is what is in it for them if they do? What will come out of it. What are the skeletons that may be lying in closets that will be exposed. Blackmail can be almost as effective against rich public people as is a bullet. By the way the FBI in those days kept files on important politicians and knew where the dirt was.

    I do not think that LBJ did it. He benefited from it. At the time Kennedy may have been thinking of stopping the Vietnam build up and people blamed him for backing out on Cuba. This would have been against the interests of a lot of people with the means to kill anyone that stood in their way.

    As for the Kennedy family being quiet. Looking at the less powerful ML King family, they were quiet for a long time and it was not till the Clinton regime that they said anything. They did not get very far since clinton was not going to help them. In that case there was also no trial since ray took a plea and there are a lot of unanswered questions about that killing also. What ever ray knew went to the grave with him as it did with oswald and ruby.

  10. #39
    VIP Member Array edr9x23super's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,108
    I will say this about the assasination:

    1) it was a conspiracy. no doubt. I say this because a doctor friend of our family (Dr. Red Duke) was one of the emergency room physicians at Parkland hospital when they brought the President into the emergency room on that fateful day. He has sworn up and down that the head shot to the President entered the right front part of his skull and exited the left rear, consistent with a shot from the grassy knoll. Dr. Duke is a trauma surgeon who has seen thousands of gunshot wounds in his career, and teaches trauma medicine at the UT health science center in Houston. I would trust his word over just about anybody's

    2) If there was only one gunman, then the case evidence would support it, and it does not. Shows like mythbusters have only served to validate the "magic bullet" theory with their reenactments.

    3) the most damning evidence of all comes from our government itself. If they are so sure that one guy did it, then why all the secrecy? Why all the sealed records that won't be viewable until 2030 or something like that? Why did the Presidents' body suddenly disappear after being rushed out of the hospital before trained forensic medical examiners could perform their tests? Where did the presidents' brain disappear to?

    I had a chance to speak with Dr. Duke during a family function, as we were discussing the movie "JFK" that had come out, and red told me not to believe the crap that our government put out about the assasination; He said that the wounds he saw were proof enough that there was a conspiracy and that the government not allowing anyone to do a formal autopsy on the body was proof enough of a conspiracy.

    My personal feeling, aside from Dr. Duke and what I know about shooting leads me to believe that the good Doctor is absolutely right.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

  11. #40
    Member Array Benthic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    330
    Here's yet another benefit to taking an LFI class. We discussed the Kennedy assassination at length while talking about Witness Dynamics.

    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I will recommend a book about the JFK assassination entitled "Mortal Error" written by Bonar Menniger. Amazon.com/Mortal Error Book.
    This book is no longer in publication, and for good reason. Shortly after seeing it, SS Agent Hickey and his family filed a libel suit against the author and publisher of the book. During the trial Mas Ayoob was retained as an expert witness, along with others knowledgeable in ballistics and accident reconstruction.

    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    This book really sums the whole thing up. It explaines the "Magic Bullet" crap (when the Presidential Limo is viewed from above, the seats that Gov. Connely and his wife were sitting in are "jump" seats. They could be bolted into and removed from the car for different seating configurations. They are more towards the center of the car and roughly a foot or two lower than the seats Kennedy and his wife were sitting in. When this is taken into account, the wound channels on Kennedy and Connely line up in a straight line. The "Magic Bullet" did not turn in mid air or do anything unusual.), and also explains why the round that Oswald fired that passed through Kennedy and Connely remained intact, but the round that struck Kennedy's head, from behind, shattered causing the massive head wound seen in the film.
    The explanation of the 'Magic Bullet' put forth in the book is essentially correct. There is a period when the wound channels line up and it can be seen on the Zapruder film. It's also born out by Kennedy experiencing Thorburn's Reflex (he didn't voluntarily reach for his throat) and by the movement of the Governor's hat, both of which can also be seen in the film. In LFI we watched a lengthy film that covered this and highlighted the critical parts of Zapruder's film. Based on what is seen in the Zapruder film, the time of the three shots fired can be clearly established. When the timing and intervals between those shots were determined, it can be seen that it was certainly reasonable that all three could easily have come from the bolt action rifle in question.

    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    The simple answer is, Oswald go off 2 shots, one missed entirely and the other was the "Magic Bullet". The round that hit Kennedy in the head was an AD from an AR-15 held by a Secret Service agent named George Hickey in the chase car. Kind explains the cover up on the whole thing doesn't it? The Government wouldn't want to explain how one of the SS agents in the motorcade accidentally shot the President in the head. It also explains why the 3rd shot sounded different on the recording and why the rounds acted so differently and caused drastically differing damage. The round Oswald fired was a full metal jacket Nato ball round, the round the Hickey AD'ed into Kennedy's head was a soft nosed .223 round. It did exactly what it was supposed to do and was designed to do.

    The author, Bonar Menniger, is a ballistics expert and it took him many years to write the book and feel 100% sure enough to have it published. I urge anyone who is interested in the truth about the Kennedy assassination to read this book. Once you do, you will understand what happened in Dallas that day.
    Menniger's assertion that an AD from Hickey's rifle is the cause of of the head wound seen so graphically on Zapruder's film is patently false. Hickey was in the car behind Kennedy along with several other SS agents and David Powers, a longtime friend and personal aide to John Kennedy. Neither the agents, nor Powers recall hearing the report of a .223 blast from their car that day. Something that one would certainly think would be memorable and noticeable since it would have happened only inches away. Further, after studying the available photos and film footage of the event Mas and company could find no point at which Hickey's barrel pointed in a direction where he would have had a chance of hitting Kennedy.

    After the introduction of these findings, the publisher agreed to an out of court settlement with the Hickey family and the book "Mortal Error" has since been pulled from publication. Even now, if you follow the Amazon link above, you'll see that it is only available 'used' from private sellers.

    The JFK assassination may well have been a conspiracy, but it was the result of a lone gunman, and that gunman wasn't Hickey.

    Brian

  12. #41
    Member Array barnetmill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    pensacola
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Benthic View Post
    .....
    The JFK assassination may well have been a conspiracy, but it was the result of a lone gunman, and that gunman wasn't Hickey.
    ......
    Brian
    Assuming that your evidence is correct your conclusion of a lone gunman is not borne out by what you presented. Your "evidence" states that the bullets came from a single position in the book storage building where Oswald worked. That does not prove that only one rifleman was shooting from that position. By the way there is no evidence that proves Oswald fired from that position where the rifle was said to have been found. Oswald was seen in the building and also worked there, but was not placed at the time of the shots as shooting from that position. There is no conclusive evidence that Oswald did any shooting. The proof of the identity of the gunman or gunmen is lacking.

  13. #42
    Member Array Benthic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Assuming that your evidence is correct your conclusion of a lone gunman is not borne out by what you presented. Your "evidence" states that the bullets came from a single position in the book storage building where Oswald worked. That does not prove that only one rifleman was shooting from that position. By the way there is no evidence that proves Oswald fired from that position where the rifle was said to have been found. Oswald was seen in the building and also worked there, but was not placed at the time of the shots as shooting from that position. There is no conclusive evidence that Oswald did any shooting. The proof of the identity of the gunman or gunmen is lacking.
    All I said was that the shots came from a single position in the Book Depository. I suppose it's possible that there were two gunman in the same position. Personally I find that unlikely, but that's only my opinion. (I can't imagine that one would want to attempt a challenging shot at a moving target with another shooter that close by.) I never even mentioned Oswald, or suggested that he did any of the shooting. What I did say was that it wasn't Hickey.

    Brian

  14. #43
    VIP Member
    Array ppkheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    On a scale of 0-10 let zero represent that Oswald operated alone/no conspiracy existed, and let ten represent that conspiracy definitely existed. Also in few words, if a conspiracy existed, who was behind it?
    We certainly aren't going to solve or reveal anything new here regarding the JFK assassination, but we've sort of moved away from my OP and have entered the world of debate.......thusly walking on thin ice to get moderated.

    How about just the 0-10 number, and a group name for this thread?

    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

  15. #44
    Member Array barnetmill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    pensacola
    Posts
    18
    Benthic: I agree with your last post except for the can not imagine part.

    Check this site out. It shows some interesting photos that is supposed to be Oswald in the ground doorway of the repository watching the Kennedy motorcade.
    'LEE OSWALD HARVEY COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE SHOT PRESIDENT JOHN KENNEDY' >> Four Winds 10 - fourwinds10.com

    Be interesting if the conclusions and the photos are correct.

  16. #45
    VIP Member Array ron8903's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,575
    5 or 6
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Attempted assassination of Missouri Governor
    By paramedic70002 in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: January 31st, 2011, 12:54 AM
  2. Non Gun Assassination
    By ArmyCop in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 17th, 2010, 09:24 AM
  3. Assassination in Phoenix by Mexican Army Members
    By biasedbulldog in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: July 5th, 2008, 11:02 PM
  4. JFK assassination, new info?
    By paramedic70002 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: March 26th, 2007, 10:53 PM

Search tags for this page

did governor connely wife say it sounded like shots from inside the car

,

hand in coat conspiracy

,

wind speed and direction during jfk assassination

Click on a term to search for related topics.