Buy 61" DLP HDTV and they throw in a blender

This is a discussion on Buy 61" DLP HDTV and they throw in a blender within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes - they will really throw in the blender. If you have been thinking about buying a blender, put out a little bit more money ...

JT [OP]

Yes - they will really throw in the blender. If you have been thinking about buying a blender, put out a little bit more money and you can get a 61" HDTV.

http://www.woot.com
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Assistant Administrator
    Sorta puts me in mind of ''Buy this hyper costly stereo and we'll throw in a new car!!''

Or - Ammunition - $1,000, but you get a 'free' gun!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Reminds me of something we did maybe five years ago -- we needed a new gas stove for the kitchen, found one we liked, and the cheapest price was on the Sears website, with this "buy in the next hour and take 10% off" - so I put it in my shopping cart and this pop-up came up "buy any accessory and get 20% off it if you buy it now" -- so I loaded a 60+ inch RCA television (the biggest TV I could find on the Sears website) into my shopping cart. The TV also was on sale, so the percent off just got stupid, since their website added up all the percents off.
    Oops. The website says the TV can't be delivered to my ship to address.
    So, I entered ship to as our local Sears store address and that was fine with the website.
    The next day, we get a call from Sears. The TV wasn't an accessory. I said I watch TV while cooking. They said the website shouldn't have allowed 20% off the TV. I told them tough, fix the website later.
    Anyway... the stove arrives at Sears in a week, but the TV took over a month, and the store manager had a chat about would I not accept it, etc, etc. But, it finally ended up in the back of my truck.
    Of course, the TV just about wouldn't fit in the house we had then...

Quote Originally Posted by David III
    Reminds me of something we did maybe five years ago -- we needed a new gas stove for the kitchen, found one we liked, and the cheapest price was on the Sears website, with this "buy in the next hour and take 10% off" - so I put it in my shopping cart and this pop-up came up "buy any accessory and get 20% off it if you buy it now" -- so I loaded a 60+ inch RCA television (the biggest TV I could find on the Sears website) into my shopping cart. The TV also was on sale, so the percent off just got stupid, since their website added up all the percents off.
    Oops. The website says the TV can't be delivered to my ship to address.
    So, I entered ship to as our local Sears store address and that was fine with the website.
    The next day, we get a call from Sears. The TV wasn't an accessory. I said I watch TV while cooking. They said the website shouldn't have allowed 20% off the TV. I told them tough, fix the website later.
    Anyway... the stove arrives at Sears in a week, but the TV took over a month, and the store manager had a chat about would I not accept it, etc, etc. But, it finally ended up in the back of my truck.
    Of course, the TV just about wouldn't fit in the house we had then...

Thats way to funny

Links