Got this in an email
This is a discussion on Got this in an email within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got this in an email and thought I'd share it here, some of it is old stuff but hey.....
The sword is more important ...
December 5th, 2008 10:53 AM
Got this in an email
I got this in an email and thought I'd share it here, some of it is old stuff but hey.....
The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either... The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
6. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.'
7. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
But wait, there's more!
I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.' To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.
((Place funny, whitty comment here))
December 5th, 2008 12:22 PM
Guns in the house
Anybody can come into my house. If they're up to no good, they'll have trouble getting out!
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.-George Orwell
December 5th, 2008 02:04 PM
I resemble numbers 1,2,5,6,7.
Too old and slow to run--too old and weak to fight !
By gatopardo in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: October 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
By chopps in forum Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments
Last Post: March 20th, 2010, 07:52 PM
By tabsr in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
Last Post: June 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM
By Steelhorse in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
Last Post: June 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM