OJ Simpson Sentenced!

This is a discussion on OJ Simpson Sentenced! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Paco I bet he has never been talked to this way before, I love it. Serves him right. If one gets off ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OJ Simpson Sentenced!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I bet he has never been talked to this way before, I love it. Serves him right. If one gets off the hook for a double murder you just go away and live out your life, you don't up the stupid ante and pull this kind of crap too.
    Awesome! Who said that to him? Now I'm motivated to go read the story.

Ahh, the judge did. I love it when they actually have the brass to tell it like it is.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

I can't possibly disagree more with I guess 90% of the country on this one. Did he murder his ex? Remains to be seen...and he'll deal with his maker on that. As for this particular case...WTH? That's whats wrong with this country's legal system.
    As is reported in the article:
    Prosecutor David Rogers argued that Simpson was "the ringleader, so to speak, in this case ... he chose to use force and violence to take this property."
    So even the prosecutor recognized that these were HIS items.. HIS personal property. How the fly-fishing rod can you steal something that is rightfully your property and property taht was stolen no less?

"My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

You know, this could seriously hinder his search for the real killers.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Good point

Last edited by ppkheat; December 5th, 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: added
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I can't possibly disagree more with I guess 90% of the country on this one. Did he murder his ex? Remains to be seen...and he'll deal with his maker on that. As for this particular case...***? That's whats wrong with this country's legal system.
    As is reported in the article:

So even the prosecutor recognized that these were HIS items.. HIS personal property. How the fly-fishing rod can you steal something that is rightfully your property and property taht was stolen no less?

Maybe I can help you understand this one. I'll get something of yours that was stolen (I won't know that, and I didn't steal it...). It will be placed in my attached garage and someone will tell you about it.
    So far, so good?

Now you break into my garage to get your stuff at 2 A.M. If you have a chance to go to trial...you'll be a very lucky man.

When you break the law to do something you feel is your right...you go to jail.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    What retsup said, and possession is 9/10ths of the law. Look up the definition of robbery, it says nothing about who the goods may or may not belong to. It has to do with the force or threat of force used.
    "Just blame Sixto"

He would have been in jail the first time if it weren’t for the miss handling/planting of evidence.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I watched his appology video, sounded like a desperate man seeking desperate measures. Finally, he will pay the price.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

I don't know about that...

Shawshank's Andy Dufresne found his wifes real murderer Elmo Blatch while in prison.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

The law was explained on FOX news. You just can't go after what you think is your property especially with a gun. Judge Glass who is "bullet proof" denied all the motions by the defense and stated that when the trial started she wondered if OJ was ignorant, arrogant, and stupid. Now she stated that she knows. Everthing was on tape. Their really was no defense. He should have plead guilty. FOX news was saying that if it was the lawyers that pushed for a trial that it should be malpractice. I think OJ wanted to go to trial. Hey he got away with it once why not try it again. Answer: STUPID
    "OJ" will have some new acronims in prison. This guy really was successful ....
    at messing up his life. You get away w/murder and think you can go thru life w/o anything happening. He should have taken the low road but because he is ignorant, arrogant and stupid he couldn't help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Maybe I can help you understand this one. I'll get something of yours that was stolen (I won't know that, and I didn't steal it...). It will be placed in my attached garage and someone will tell you about it.
    So far, so good?

Now you break into my garage to get your stuff at 2 A.M. If you have a chance to go to trial...you'll be a very lucky man.

When you break the law to do something you feel is your right...you go to jail.
    We're not talking about second hand, no knowledge purchases. It's been insinuated more than once by both the defense and the prosecutions own witnesses(including one of those robbed), that the folks that were robbed had something to do with the items in question that were stolen the first time around.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

He actually received a minimum 15 years with parole eligibility in 9. Here's a video of the sentencing:

OJ's sentence: 9 years minimum | NECN
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

We're not talking about second hand, no knowledge purchases. It's been insinuated more than once by both the defense and the prosecutions own witnesses(including one of those robbed), that the folks that were robbed had something to do with the items in question that were stolen the first time around.
    Even if that is the case, he acted as a vigilante which is still against the law. If he had simply reported the theft and left it to LEOs the thieves would have been on trial instead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    Even if that is the case, he acted as a vigilante which is still against the law. If he had simply reported the theft and left it to LEOs the thieves would have been on trial instead of him.
    You really think that would happen given his history? Even the "tapes" had local LEO's laughing it up and saying they were going to get him good.

Not to mention even if they did do something about it, he'd still never get the items back because of the goldmans civil suit. They'd just be stolen again.

-The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Not to mention even if they did do something about it, he'd still never get the items back because of the goldmans civil suit. They'd just be stolen again.

You mean if the Goldman's took the property (pursuant to the Court) they'd have "stolen" it? Do I misunderstand?

He owes the Goldman's a mere $ 33 million awarded by a Court. Last time I checked, that was not "theft".

Please tell me I've misunderstood.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links