"Tree Hugger"

This is a discussion on "Tree Hugger" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HotGuns OK. That one caused me to spit my cereal all over the monitor. Now I have to clean it up. At ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "Tree Hugger"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

OK. That one caused me to spit my cereal all over the monitor. Now I have to clean it up. At least there wasn't much splatted on the keyboard this time.

It may not make sense at first. Let me explain how I was persuaded to adopt a different outlook on life.

Fact of the matter is, I am trying to show that not all mods are the "kill em all" type. After my company sent a bunch of us through "Diversity" training, I was made aware of the many differing types of perceptions of various groups of people. I hate to admit, that previously I was unaware that some people took offense at virtually everything and was I somewhat naive.

In my endeavor to be more politically acceptable to not just some people, but to all, I thought that changing my avatar might show that I am willing to change. After all, the war cry of the President elect as "Change, Change, Change, so in my willingness and desire to be a team player, I decided to do just that.This is my new 3 day strategy.

To think that I used to refer to those classes as part of the "spine removal school" embarrasses me somewhat. As QKShooter pointed out to me earlier, I have become "enlightened". I'm planning a trip soon to "Fisherman's Wharf" in San Francisco soon to take part in a bit of the local culture there and to see if I can convince people there to take responsibility for themselves and to petition the powers to be in California to allow concealed carry there. I was also told in spine remov....uh....I mean" Diversity" Training,that" if you cant beat em,join em", so I am attempting to use a different approach here in an attempt to unite all people together together so that some day we can all lock arms and sway to the music and song of "Kumbya" while standing around the campfire admiring our carry pieces. After all, I see no reason why we cant be one big happy family here.
    Hmm...Now I'm offended that someone else was offended enough that you had to go all PC on us and all, so now you have to change it back
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

The hugger in that Avatar is really short, has really long arms or has uprooted the tree... or could be on their knees I guess.

Actually it looks more like a stalk of broccoli with tentacles, do you like broccoli? It's a broctopus!

Maple we should stop now?
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Man, I miss a couple of days and look how much fun you guys have without me.

I honestly can't remember the last avatar, so I guess it never offended me.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Senior Moderator
    Here ya go Paco...

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    OK HotGuns.... I am getting sick to my stomach about the new crappy avatar. I want the old one back!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Thumbs up Tree Hugger Gone!

Well, the kitchen got too "hot" for 'em. New avatar up now. I guess we can kiss the 'ol kinder, gentler HotGuns au revoir.

Tree Hugger did make me laugh, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Here ya go Paco...

I like it!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links