Any Nextel users want a free phone? also how to get a person fast when you call.

Any Nextel users want a free phone? also how to get a person fast when you call.

This is a discussion on Any Nextel users want a free phone? also how to get a person fast when you call. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First of all, this isn't some gimmick. I have had nextel for years, but ever since the merger, the service I get is absolutely terrible. ...

Thread: Any Nextel users want a free phone? also how to get a person fast when you call.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar

First of all, this isn't some gimmick. I have had nextel for years, but ever since the merger, the service I get is absolutely terrible. I could rant for hours over the problems I have had. It has gotten to the point I wouldn't go another month with them no matter what they offer me.

At any rate I recently called to terminate my service with them as soon as my contract expires in a few weeks. This is when they offer you better deals, and free stuff.

First of all the easy way to get to talk to a real person is to dial customer care 611 from your phone (free call from a nextel)
    When the recording starts, hit 1 for english, and then punch in a 5 digit zip code, and then #. (I usually just hit 00000#) As soon as the recording starts hit zero five times in a row. (00000) If you pause between them, you will hear an "invalid entry" recording, just ignore it.
    After the 5 zeros, you will be on hold for a "customer care representative".

It takes a while to do and is a bit of a pain in the butt, but if you want to stay with them anyway, and have some time to kill, it is probably worth it.

Call customer care and get them to transfer you to "retentions" or "account services", they will ask a bunch of stupid questions and try to get out of it, but just keep at it. If they won't transfer you, hang up on them and try again until you get through.

(NOTE- you can only do this if it is your account, and, or you have the passcode)

When you get through to them, insist on canceling your contract. They will ask you all sorts of stuff, and keep putting you on hold to check them out. Tell them whatever complaints you have, and keep refusing the offers they give you. When you finally get through all this, and they tell you you will have to listen to a recording, the recording will tell you to push a number if you either want a free phone, or a month of free service with "no obligation".

Push the button and see what happens. I am so fed up with them at this point that nothing they will offer me will keep me from leaving them. Hopefully though you guys can get yourselves some new phones or a free month out of it though.

Someone let me know how it turns out.

Assistant Administrator
    After two years of contract, and all but zero signal where I live - I cancelled that deal.

My cheap solution alternative was - is - a basic Nokia from Wally World and every 2 months I throw #20 at it to keep service. Calls are pricey at 25c per min but I use it very little so - it effectively costs me $10 per month instead of near $40 - when I had ''free'' minutes I could never use.

I know set-up investment for cell phones is big money but - the charges still strike me as exhorbitant these days for many ''services''.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I dumped them after the cheepest phone i could get was 200$ they wouldnt cut me a deal even though i had been with them almost 5 years ...

Yes it was my fault i ran the phone though snow blower but jezz cut me a break it was a 5 year old phone...

i went with Cingular and have been really happy just wish they had direct connect

Cingular is who we are going with.

Tell me, did you guys have a rough time getting them to cancel your service. Thus far I have invested over 3 hours and a couple of headaches into it, and now they are threatening to prevent me from porting my number over to Cingular when I go.

Just so you know, I do a little "work" for Nextel and motorola and there is an easier way to get customer service. This number is given out to "key corporate accounts" but anyone with nextel service can use it.

1-800-390-7545

After a brief message it will directly connect you to a representative. They give this out to techs and other members of staff as well as corporate peoples. I just thought I'd share a little bit of the goodness with you all!
    Last edited by d2thomas; January 13th, 2006 at 02:29 AM. Reason: phone number update!
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

Yep took forever to get it cancled

1-800-390-7574
    Hmmm... Seems I have some new people to pester.
    Unfortunately the division of nextel called Nextel partners, has gone to great lengths to prevent any interaction between their victims, um I mean customers, and nextel. I have the executive care line number for Nextel, and they couldn't pull up my account. They did however stay on the line with me while calling up Nextel partners, and got blown off by a partners supervisor for their trouble.

I completely agree about Sprint/Nextel. The service was never that good but after the merger it really sucks. My problem is it is my work phone and a personal cell phone.

Just want to tell you also that it is Illegal for Sprint/Nextel to even consider not giving you your cell # to take with you. I guess they can give you some grief about canceling but I would tell them that if you don't get your # and the plan isn't canceled when your contract expires, that the next call they will get will be from your attorney.

I would do just that too if they don't because they are breaking the law by not giving you your # and ******* you off by not canceling your service. You will come out smelling like a rose.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

1-800-390-7574

When I called that, it connected me to "the seminar reservation line". Either they answer their phone that way to throw people off, or it is the wrong number.

AH MY BAD

The number is 1-800-390-7545

I need to not type fast!
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

XD9
    One thing to remember about Porting. (I work for a cell company, just not any mentioned here.)

In order to port your number, you have to keep your phone active and up to date. If you let it disconnect or cancel, the number is no longer yours.

Steps:

1. Port number
    2. Cancel old service when new service is verified.
    3. Throw old phone out onto gun range and fire at will.

One other thing. Porting is a quick process, usually no more than a couple of hours up to a day. If it goes more than 72 hours and it still hasn't gone through, it's time to make another call.

Just an FYI from an industry insider.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

Been using Nextel for 8 years and have to keep them due to work. I have one advantage since my company uses nextel they picked up half my bill every month since they didn't have to buy me a phone. So not to bad

Sponsored Links