What's happening?

This is a discussion on What's happening? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wanted to throw this out to see what all of you have heard about this, if anything: Today, I had a LEO (who's credibility ...

Thread: What's happening?

What's happening?

I wanted to throw this out to see what all of you have heard about this, if anything:

Today, I had a LEO (who's credibility has been good in the past) acquaintance mention to me that he had been checking out why he was finding it harder to get ammunition, powder, bullets & casings. He said that through his contacts he learned the producers of gun powder, and ammunition manufacturers were hesitant to put anything else out until next year, due to the indication that in the near future all ammunition would have to be serialized and shortly thereafter it would be a federal offense to own any unregistered ammunition, whether purchased commercially or produced by home reloading...did I just have a bad dream or is there any truth to this?
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Hadn't heard, but I wouldn't put stock into it, until it's on paper, or published on an official site. Rumors ruin things.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    Doubtful. The war and the rise in the price of metals combined with the Employee of The Month for All Gun Shops has been making a serious dent in the stock.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Thanks, probably no truth to it, just a bad rumor.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

hmm... getting a bit deep in here. might want to turn on a light and see what your sitting in. (mushroom)
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

[I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.

Do you have any idea of the war that would erupt if purchased ammo and loading stock were suddenly declared illegal?

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmr18z View Post
    He said that through his contacts he learned the producers of gun powder, and ammunition manufacturers were hesitant to put anything else out until next year
    If that were really the case they'd be ramping up production to meet the flood of new demand that would pop up prior to the law being passed.

They should probably already be doing that now to meet the "election demand". Kinda like the reports that Magpul has opened multiple new lines for producing PMags. Meeting demand is in the interest of both the customer and the producer.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

YEP....

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...rs-merged.html

covers the exact thing he's telling you about, it's not a joke... they are trying to get this passed in several states.

Links