subscription renewals

This is a discussion on subscription renewals within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; i've been getting notices that my subs/memberships are expiring to goa/gun tests/ nra, for the last 2 months. these people are starting to REALLY tick ...

Thread: subscription renewals

subscription renewals

i've been getting notices that my subs/memberships are expiring to goa/gun tests/ nra, for the last 2 months. these people are starting to REALLY tick me off. the above subs expire in july 06. what's the big hurry? anybody else gotten these really advance notices? anybody else get ticked off at them? rant off.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Yep Craig - me too!!!

Sad to say with some of these they meet the shredder. I know really they are probably wanting more $$$'s put in, which is fine up to a point but, we can only give so much.

I do what I can but there are limits. Pre the last election I lost count of how many $$$'s I had sent - I mean, $10 here, $25 there - heck it mounts up.

Oh and Gun tests - sorry - they are out - I do not like their pestering or some of their so called reports any more. I have stopped buying new guns anyways!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

P95Carry.. i know what you mean about gun tests. it seems they think everybody has upwards of $900.00 or more to spend for each gun. seems they hardly ever test any fun/range guns. even the so called plnkers they tested. a kimber.22?? i'll take a taurus or ruger and save serious $$$. i think i'll let that issue run out.

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    P95Carry.. i know what you mean about gun tests. it seems they think everybody has upwards of $900.00 or more to spend for each gun. seems they hardly ever test any fun/range guns. even the so called plnkers they tested. a kimber.22?? i'll take a taurus or ruger and save serious $$$. i think i'll let that issue run out.
    I don't know they covered the SAA's and becuse of that we saved $$$ by purchasing a Cabelas Melimum insead of the Colt. They do review a lot of high priced guns but they also have covered a lot of the more affordable stuff too. All that aside they are a very informative rag, (I'll take my 10 bucks now GT) oops did I say that.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

sometimes they review the more inexpensive guns, but not often. i got till july to decide. maybe they'll test some of those mid range guns.

I just dropped gun test, they eventually will send me a special renewal fee anouncement later, may take it again for a year and drop it, have done this 3 times and always get my subscription cheaper. I usually only find 3 or 4 articles a year interesting. I like to vary what I subscribe to. can only budget 4 or 5 different mags a year.

Links