BlackBerry Trackball loose

This is a discussion on BlackBerry Trackball loose within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Trackball on my BlackBerry is loose. I was crusing the internet and then the ball got kinda hard to move for a bit like something ...

Thread: BlackBerry Trackball loose

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

BlackBerry Trackball loose

Trackball on my BlackBerry is loose. I was crusing the internet and then the ball got kinda hard to move for a bit like something was in it and now it feels kind of loose and I am wondering if it is worn out or something.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

If it is an 8800 there is a product recall on them, I found out after calling in my 5th warranty replacement yesterday (not all mine but people in my company).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

no its a 8330 so im not sure if it falls into the recall catagory.

Had problems with mine too on a pearl. I can remove it and clean it and it work great for another 3 or 4 months.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

so what do I have to do play remove and clean every 4 months I have had mine less then 6 days and it is doing this.

I just pull the face plate off. If its just 6 days old something else is wrong with it. I would take it back to where you got it or call them. I had mine for almost a year before I started having problems. Good luck!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

I've had my 8330 for over a year and haven't had any problems. Either something got down in there or there is something wrong with the phone itself. Take it in and see what they say. Do you keep the phone in your pocket?

-Jeff-

they said it is suppose to be sort of loose but I do keep it my pocket but I keep it in its case if not in my hands.

If all else fails do what I do, throw it against a brick wall.

But then again, I have a Premier corporate account and can get them replaced really easily.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    they said it is suppose to be sort of loose but I do keep it my pocket but I keep it in its case if not in my hands.
    It might feel "loose" to someone that's not used to the BB trackball. My advice would be to take it into a store and see what they say. What type of case are you using? Are you talking about the sleeve type case that comes with it? If so, that should keep the lint out, but I would recommend a holster style case (as in your other thread).

-Jeff-

Thanks and I did purchase a holster for it and also some screen protectors now as I have to do is figure out how to put them on with out getting air bubbles. They are the ones that alltel sells and they said to use a card and to slide it along as you remove the backing but I am lost now and so I need help how to do this or what they mean apply it and slide the card along as I put it on the screen or what. Yea I did use the little sleeve but now I have a belt style holster for it so.

They were correct, the easiest way is to use a credit card or driver's license while putting the screen protector on. I usually get it started on the bottom, and while slowly removing the backing press down with the card and slide towards the top of the phone (towards the earpiece). Good luck. It's not all that hard. Either way, you can usually get any left over air bubbles out with the card once it's on anyways.

-Jeff-

Links