Illinois Governor In Federal Custody - Page 4

Illinois Governor In Federal Custody

This is a discussion on Illinois Governor In Federal Custody within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did I ever mention I'm OK with bringing back public hangings?...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Illinois Governor In Federal Custody

Administrator
    Did I ever mention I'm OK with bringing back public hangings?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Did I ever mention I'm OK with bringing back public hangings?
    I guess drawing and quartering would be completely out of the question.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I guess drawing and quartering would be completely out of the question.
    No... but I wouldnt want to subject a horse to such a nasty task. I think tractors would be a better option.

How about the old fashioned stockaides? It would be great to have his backside hanging out in a very public place so the public could torement at will. Since he is in Chicago, Navy Pier maybe? I'm sure its cold and windy there right now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    In Ye Olde England the punishment of pillory (put in the stockade) was often a death sentence. The crowd didn't always throw tomatoes, they mostly threw rocks and saved their food for eating. I, for one, think Sixto is on to something.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Welcome to the reason for the Seventeenth Amendment.

Of course, no one Blagojevich would have appointed would have been worse than the Senators the people of Illinois have elected.

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    I might add that selling the Senate seat is NOT the only thing he is charged with. There is also the tiny matter of getting his wife a cushy/high paying job.

Kinda makes me wonder how Mrs. Obama got hers !!!!!!!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup View Post
    I might add that selling the Senate seat is NOT the only thing he is charged with. There is also the tiny matter of getting his wife a cushy/high paying job.

Kinda makes me wonder how Mrs. Obama got hers !!!!!!!!!
    She did NOT have a politically arranged job. She had a high powered law job which she held BEFORE he arrived in Chicago. She got it because she earned a law degree at a prestigious law school. Give credit where credit is due. Merit counts. Grades count. There is no need to smear someone who doesn't deserve to be smeared. That just shows a carelessness with facts that is unfortunately a hallmark of some of our public radio figures and a disgrace on our public political discourse.

Meanwhile, we are all keeping our eye on the wrong ball. This stuff in Chicago, smelly as it is, is minor league.

Pay some attention instead to the fact that yesterday a guy on Wall Street was arrested for the second largest fraud in US history; 50 billion dollars, second only to Enron. He was a high official in the over the counter stock exchange.

These massive business frauds hurt everyone who has a 401K, a self-directed IRA, a pension plan of any sort. Think about it, a 50 billion fraud is 3 times the amount of money needed for the auto bailout; it represents the theft of approximately $150.00 from every man, woman and child in the US.

The fraud went on for many years. If it took years to detect a whopper, so how many smaller "billion dollar" financial frauds are out there and what is that all doing to our country?

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Wouldn't it be poetic if O was part of this and got snagged to the iron bar hotel! What is the process for arresting the President? Pres-elect?.....
    I would certainly hope that no one thinks it would be good for the country if any President elect found themselves in such a position. It would be a national calamity if it happened, which I doubt is going to be the case.

There is too much smear by association going on here. How many narcos has Sixto met in his life? Does that mean he is corrupt like them? Of course not. Same applies here. The imagination and conspiratorial thinking just are running wild on this stuff, and it is a shame.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links