Where's Lima? - Page 2

Where's Lima?

This is a discussion on Where's Lima? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi, Lima - wherever you are!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: Where's Lima?

  1. #16
    Member Array RevDerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    276
    Hi, Lima - wherever you are!
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array Paco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I'm trying to master my one-handed typing skills. It's hard to hold a baby and type at the same time.
    3 words, Dragon Naturally Speaking.

    I'm actually surprised to see you replying, I know after each of our kids we sleep when we can and we're already used to the sleep patterns.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

    -Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array eagle5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    3 words, Dragon Naturally Speaking.
    Paco, that might work. But then if little Garrett is crying, all we might see in Lima's posts is "Waaa-aaaa-aaaah!"

  4. #19
    VIP Member Array farronwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I'm trying to master my one-handed typing skills. It's hard to hold a baby and type at the same time.
    You know bonding with the baby is a good thing, but you can actually put the baby down every once in a while.

    But wait, I just thought about it, your preparing for tactical carry of Garrett along with all of your other stuff. Just think you and JD have all new scenarios to work on since it is no longer just the two of you. You are going to have to start at the bottom again. How to pass of little Garrett, or changing carry methods allowing for him riding on your hip. Man you guys have your work cut out for you. But nothing like family togetherness.

    Really, I bet you all are just busting at the seams in between being to tired to think about much else. How is JD doing on the diaper duty?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array HKinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nassau, NY(Long Island)
    Posts
    2,855
    She needs to get a blackbery so she can type with one hand.

    Lima, it does get easier!!!

    Salute to all mothers,sisters and aunts. They make the world so much easier for the rest of us.

  6. #21
    Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    But wait, I just thought about it, your preparing for tactical carry of Garrett along with all of your other stuff. Just think you and JD have all new scenarios to work on since it is no longer just the two of you. You are going to have to start at the bottom again. How to pass of little Garrett, or changing carry methods allowing for him riding on your hip. Man you guys have your work cut out for you. But nothing like family togetherness.

    Congrats Garrett, Lima and JD

    Over time you have started me thinking tactically as much as 1st SGT James ever did, now for a new level of thought about carrying and defending the defenseless in your arms while taking care of business. I donít have any kids yet but I am definitely looking forward to many interesting conversations on the subject so I am prepared when I eventually do have some cubs of my own.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

    You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

  7. #22
    Senior Member Array BRTCP88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    Congrats Garrett, Lima and JD

    Over time you have started me thinking tactically as much as 1st SGT James ever did, now for a new level of thought about carrying and defending the defenseless in your arms while taking care of business. I don’t have any kids yet but I am definitely looking forward to many interesting conversations on the subject so I am prepared when I eventually do have some cubs of my own.
    My mom doesn't carry (she's not an anti, but she's never had anything happen so she doesn't think she needs to) but she used a rebozo to carry my sister cause it freed her hands to do other things. It could probably work for CC

    Here's a link for more info, if you're interested (you 2 Limatunes:) The Rebozo Way Project

  8. #23
    JD
    JD is online now
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,256
    Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    My mom doesn't carry (she's not an anti, but she's never had anything happen so she doesn't think she needs to) but she used a rebozo to carry my sister cause it freed her hands to do other things. It could probably work for CC

    Here's a link for more info, if you're interested (you 2 Limatunes:) The Rebozo Way Project
    Thanks, while I don't think I'd ever allow a purchase of something that has "Bozo" in the title, we do have a couple of similar slings that Lima likes to use...

  9. #24
    Senior Member Array BRTCP88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Thanks, while I don't think I'd ever allow a purchase of something that has "Bozo" in the title, we do have a couple of similar slings that Lima likes to use...
    Cool.

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    So from what I gather here,A big tough Marine and his wife with extensive firearms ,H2H and self defense training,have been taken hostage by a baby?
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  11. #26
    Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where ever the government says go
    Posts
    1,755
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911


    If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

  12. #27
    VIP Member
    Array Miggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Miami-Dade, FL
    Posts
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Thanks, while I don't think I'd ever allow a purchase of something that has "Bozo" in the title, we do have a couple of similar slings that Lima likes to use...
    Difference being it comes in Coyote Tan & Marine digital cammo. It has molle attachments all over and it is made of spectra shield. Other than that is as warm and cozy as the one in the picture.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

    Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

  13. #28
    Senior Member Array Cthulhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brevard County, FL
    Posts
    1,154
    Typing while holding a baby is easy to master. What'll get you is when you think you're finally free to type with both hands after baby can crawl, and as soon as you place both hands on the keyboard, the baby tears off to get into trouble.

    My issue was my baby deciding to crawl full speed off the side of the bed, because she knew I'd catch her, so she had no fear.

    Yeah, missing shooting sucks, but enjoy the heck out of that baby. This time with the young'n only comes once.

    -JT

  14. #29
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,246
    I'm getting reacquainted with all my old gear and all the new baby gear.

    I'm back to carrying Wilson (which I missed GREATLY).

    And, yes, when we go out Garrett is almost always in a sling. It's a lot easier to carry a gun and a baby when you have your hands free.

    We went out to the mall on Saturday and that was my first day of carrying Wilson again and looking after the little guy.

    I had forgotten just how comfortable carrying can be when I don't have a pregnant belly.

    And as of yesterday I'm back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and fitting in all of my pre-pregnancy clothes so that means all of my belts and jeans that made carrying Wilson so comfortable are back on the menu!

    WAAAHOOOO!!

  15. #30
    VIP Member Array Paco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    And as of yesterday I'm back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and fitting in all of my pre-pregnancy clothes so that means all of my belts and jeans that made carrying Wilson so comfortable are back on the menu!
    Holy crap, is JD having you do PT or something. Great job in getting "back to normal" so quickly.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

    -Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Where is Lima when I need her?
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 5th, 2008, 10:37 PM
  2. New idea for Lima
    By dunndw in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM

Search tags for this page

where's lima

,
where's lima?
,
wheres lima
,

where?s lima

,
where?s lima?
Click on a term to search for related topics.