Interesting Contraption

This is a discussion on Interesting Contraption within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; RC Helicopter With .45 Caliber Hand Gun - NothingToxic.com...

Thread: Interesting Contraption

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Looks like that thing fits in the back of a car.

I wonder how accurate it i to shoot? Does pilot fly and shoot?

With a mufflers and a pistol silencer, it could be a deadly weapon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can see it now your own Air Force ,That thing is actually scary with a camera showing gun sites etc. you could go hunting from your living room
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Try this one out.

Armed Heli - Video
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Strange that. Too much time on their hands. Sorta like...me.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    They really need to add the "Blue Thunder" theme to the video.

But I really want one.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I doubt it would be too accurate. They need a stabilized mount for the gun...
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I'm sure if someone really wanted to develop this you could add a gyro-stabilized gun mount, and use some pretty simplistic computer programming with a laser range finder and camera to dynamically overlay a distance-adjusted set of sights onto the image a user would see on a remote screen.

Hmm...the possibilities
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by smotta View Post
    I'm sure if someone really wanted to develop this you could add a gyro-stabilized gun mount, and use some pretty simplistic computer programming with a laser range finder and camera to dynamically overlay a distance-adjusted set of sights onto the image a user would see on a remote screen.

Hmm...the possibilities
    Yes, I've thought about this in the past. What I was thinking though was that the military could use it for snipers...have a small crawling device with a long-range gun on it that can sit dormant in the same spot for weeks on end, then when the target shows up spring into action. Probably would be pretty handy against Al-Qaeda.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Senior Moderator
    Kinda neat watching the heli's response to recoil. I wonder if there are any legal implications for a remotely fired gun? Or perhaps an airborne, remote control gun?
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Kinda neat watching the heli's response to recoil. I wonder if there are any legal implications for a remotely fired gun? Or perhaps an airborne, remote control gun?
    Make sure your remote control software doesn't pull the trigger more than once for every time you have to click the fire button on your PC?

When I saw the second posted video of the helicopter firing full auto I was worried about this...if they didn't have an actual class 3 stamped weapon they could be in serious trouble.

I hope these things are not susceptable to stray radio signals. I could see lots of trouble if a ham radio or cell phone (or even a competing RC unit) takes over.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

These are interesting contraptions as well. I prefer my .45 on me and something much much bigger on my helicopter.
    "Thunderstruck", courtesy US Army Warrant Officers and AC/DC.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1cwycSWq0
    Last edited by bones; December 10th, 2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Forgot the web address
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Links