Tis the season to offend - Page 3

Tis the season to offend

This is a discussion on Tis the season to offend within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had heard that to be politically correct, Santa now has to say, "Lady of the night, lady of the night, lady of the night."...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tis the season to offend

I had heard that to be politically correct, Santa now has to say, "Lady of the night, lady of the night, lady of the night."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

scm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuppyfinn View Post
    The following information is from CitizenLink: Focus on the Family Action?s<br />2008 Christmas-Friendly Shopping Guide. Please support those retailers who are Christmas friendly.
    I supported Cabela's ! Bought my Christmas/Anniversary (Dec29th)/50th birthday (Apr 15th) present this past Sunday: S&W M&P Compact .40S&W

Merry Christmas Everyone!

VIP Member
    Happy holy days to you all. As for me I celebrate Christmas this year by working from 10am to 8pm :(
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    The Night Before A Non-Denominational Winter Holiday

YouTube - The Night Before A Non-Denominational Winter Holiday

Administrator
    I get offended when people say Happy Holidays. I make it a point to tell them Merry Christmas, its fun for me anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I get offended when people say Happy Holidays. I make it a point to tell them Merry Christmas, its fun for me anyway.
    Usually more than one holiday going on in December...

You sometimes have Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa and sometimes RamaDom and Happy Winter Solstice.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

"Happy Holidays" is of course, meant to be a catch-all. So that way, someone *shouldn't* be offended. I don't take is as an issue. It's certainly a holiday season for everyone.

If someone wishes me a "Merry Christmas" I reply in kind, with a "Happy and Safe New Year" appended. I respect all religions and beliefs. It's fun for me too, to wish everyone best wishes at this time of the year.

Merry Christmas to you SIXTO, and a Happy and Safe New Year for you and your loved ones!

(And of course the same to everyone else on the forum too!)

Jonathan
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Administrator
    The offended part was a joke. I really don't give a hoot what anybody wants to wish me.
    I do always say merry Christmas unless I know the person is jewish, and all my jewish pals always wish me a merry Christmas.

The rest of the "holidays" this season I ignore.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The offended part was a joke. I really don't give a hoot what anybody wants to wish me.
    I do always say merry Christmas unless I know the person is jewish, and all my jewish pals always wish me a merry Christmas.

The rest of the "holidays" this season I ignore.
    Ooops. You sounded soooo serious:
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Ooops. You sounded soooo serious:
    I thought Sixto was serious as well.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Don't even get me started on this one. I would like to say something though, reading through most of the posts and about "Christmas trees", and "Santa Claus". Pagan images folks. Santa, the tree? Pagan worship icons that attempt to obscure the deeply religious meaning of Christmas for some. Next time, we'll talk about the rabbit and the egg and Easter.
    Be good.

Administrator
    Well some years back in Pittsburgh the move was on to call it Happy Sparkle Season. Does that sound dumb or what?
    But then Vision Impaired people got offended because they couldn't see anything sparkle.
    Just kidding about the Vision Impaired but, not about SPARKLE SEASON.
    Anyway that didn't last long.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Here's what I don't understand. I am Christian. Atheists do not offend me. So why do some atheists (Madelyn Murray O'Hare for example) get offended by Christians. I mean, if you deny the existence of God, how can you be true to that belief and still be offended by the practice of Christianity (or any other religion)? I can understand being politically opposed to recognizing God, but not being offended.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Here's what I don't understand. I am Christian. Atheists do not offend me. So why do some atheists (Madelyn Murray O'Hare for example) get offended by Christians. I mean, if you deny the existence of God, how can you be true to that belief and still be offended by the practice of Christianity (or any other religion)? I can understand being politically opposed to recognizing God, but not being offended.
    If you want to know how atheists and agnostics get offended, look no further than page one of this thread (emphasis mine):
    I for one, will not be told how to act or what I can or cannot say by a bunch of Godless heathens that wear their feelings on a sleeve.
    By calling people who don't agree with you uncivilized savages, I can pretty much guarantee that you are going to offend them.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    I can pretty much guarantee that this thread is going to get closed within.....say...the next 4 or 5 posts. Six at the max.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links