Tis the season to offend

Tis the season to offend

This is a discussion on Tis the season to offend within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am 45, And remember when it wasn't against the law to say "Merry Christmas" But now times have changed.............. Remember The "pro" last year ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tis the season to offend

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

Tis the season to offend

I am 45, And remember when it wasn't against the law to say "Merry Christmas"

But now times have changed..............

Remember The "pro" last year in NY, That was offended by the Santa Clause yelling "ho ho ho"

A Jewish lady got offended. So now "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer" song is banned in a school. Some people need to get a life. And quit screwing up everybody else’s holiday.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Last year when I was at Target, I asked the 12 year old female cashier this question, "I found the holiday trees in the back, but I was looking for Christmas Trees - do you carry any of those?". She gave me the strangest confused look.
    Froliche Weinachten.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I,m Jewish and it doesn't bother me. I call them Christmas trees because that's what they are. They are not Hanukah tree's. I look at it this way. You guys have your holiday's and I have mine, It doesn't effect my life if your celebrating Christmas just like If I celebrate PassOver effects your life.

I happened to be married to a Gentile woman, I celebrate Christmas with her parents and I enjoy "their" holiday with them.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    I am 45, And remember when it wasn't against the law to say "Merry Christmas"

But now times have changed..............

Remember The "pro" last year in NY, That was offended by the Santa Clause yelling "ho ho ho"

A Jewish lady got offended. So now "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer" song is banned in a school. Some people need to get a life. And quit screwing up everybody else’s holiday.

Have a Merry Christmas.
    And a very Merry Christmas to you too!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Besides,

Rudolph the red nose reindeer is a secular song, just like Jingle Bells.

BTW: Happy Hanukah
    Attached Images
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

This is a subject that can get me on my soapbox.

It should be a non-issue.

This is how it should work:

I pass someone on the street and say "Merry Christmas", they smile and say "Happy Hanukah".

We have told the other that we hope they have a happy holiday but in addition we have discovered some other information about that person.

No one should be offended by this.

With regard to the "holiday trees", I wouldn't buy one of those either.

So . . . . . everyone have a Happy RamaHannaQuanzMass!!!!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Anyone ever heard Brad Paisley's take on "It's a completely non-offensive and politically correct holiday"

Hilarious, and right on focus.

"I don't care who we offend, I'm going to sing Christmas carols if i want to sing Christmas carols"
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Senior Moderator
    I for one, will not be told how to act or what I can or cannot say by a bunch of Godless heathens that wear their feelings on a sleeve.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    I'm working at Bass Pro Shop for the holiday season. I was glad to see that they are not being politically correct. All of their flyers and in store decorations refer to it as Christmas. In my not so humble opinion, if someone doesn't like it they can stay away. Businesses should not be forced to be politically correct just to accommodate some idiot who offended because someone else has different beliefs.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    I,m Jewish and it doesn't bother me. I call them Christmas trees because that's what they are. They are not Hanukah tree's. I look at it this way. You guys have your holiday's and I have mine, It doesn't effect my life if your celebrating Christmas just like If I celebrate PassOver effects your life.

I happened to be married to a Gentile woman, I celebrate Christmas with her parents and I enjoy "their" holiday with them.
    How dare you...everyone knows it is a holiday tree.

Enjoy the lighting of your holiday candles this year!
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I'm going to continue to say Merry Christmas. This country was found under Christian values, and I'm not going to change just because we have a few other people who are offened. They are the ones who shold just get over it and take it in stride. The way things are going now, they might require us the pray to Buddah or Allah to make others feel comfortable.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    I am Christian and the wifes family is Jewish. Her dad comes to Christmas and we go to Hannaka (sorry for miss-spelling) I asked him and he said that it is rediculus for people to get offended.
    I dont get offended if you say happy satan day or pegan holidays so get over me saying Merry Christmas.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post

Now that's about the most common sense and logical thing I've read in a long time. I agree 100% and though I'm not Jewish, that's the way I think about it too. I'm happy for anyone to celebrate their faith in their way.......... I'm not interfering, I'm not complaining, I'm happy for you and wish you the best.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

just remember CHRIST is the reason for christmas. without him it would be only mas. so MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you guys. If I offend any one , oh well get over it.
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Let me just say I agree with what everyone has said. It's nice to know I fall so close in line with other people.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links