Pic of the month? - Page 2

Pic of the month?

This is a discussion on Pic of the month? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just a thought... Another idea is to have a monthly photo assignment with a common theme. Assignments are usually vague enough to promote broad creativity ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pic of the month?

Just a thought...

Another idea is to have a monthly photo assignment with a common theme. Assignments are usually vague enough to promote broad creativity and no comments allowed on pics, the photo speaks for itself.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Just a thought...

Another idea is to have a monthly photo assignment with a common theme. Assignments are usually vague enough to promote broad creativity and no comments allowed on pics, the photo speaks for itself.
    Very good idea IMO! I think this will be a general forum start from all outward appearances. We must involve ourselves...we are being watched, and we should make of it what we will in the sense of a self governed forum. With this month almost gone, I figure we start with a January pic of the month thread to be decided on by February 1st. Bringing in the new year with something new. With the forum's approval, all pics should be submitted by no later than the 20th of each month to give the voters ample time to decide and post their choice. All entries would be accepted until 11:59pm forum time on the 20th day of each month, and all members would refrain from casting votes until after that time and given ten days at least. Pic submissions and votes should be kept in one single thread for the purposes of viewing and tabulation of votes. January pic of the month submissions would start to be accepted beginning January 1st, 2009 @ midnight. All forum rules apply as to content. No identifiable persons willing or not should be portrayed in these images. Creativity is suggested and content will be judged by the forum in general. Rifles, pistols, holsters, environment, seasonal, etc...should all be accepted. Pics of hunting trips, or dead animals should be avoided. Photoshopped or edited images should be disqualified by the members if they come about. It's just you, your favorite CCW pistol, your new rifle affection, your portrayal of an image that fits you and the forum as a whole and can be judged by your peers. No matter the quality of the camera, the picture taker should display some artistic quality and should be judged on spontaneity, feeling, and background/environment by the members. Seasonal images would be more than welcomed. Looking for those natural scenes but to keep 'staging' to a minimum. "Assignments" would keep things in a more narrow band as far as being accepted. Remember, the general forum cannot edit or delete those pics posted, and self explanations or other comments of pics posted should not be allowed. Images existing on the server or in previous posts should be considered public property and anyone should be able to post a pic taken by someone else and nominate them so long as the original pic is given credit to the original poster. Surely the forum can police themselves in a venue such as this. Figure it as an initial test in further development, and a chance to grow on our own. Most of us already know the value and benefits of this great forum. We could take it to new levels. It's up to us. I'll dedicate my time so much as possible to start off the monthly pic thread. As far as rewards or recognition, I figure a member majority thumbs up (votes) would be enough. Get a sticky or something and possibly the winning pic on the home page even as a thumbnail? We'd be looking to the mods/admins for this of course. Just a thought, and we don't need to make it complicated in any way. As of now, I feel there is plenty more input required from the membership.

That sounds great RamRod!

This could be really fun and a great benefit to the forum!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    hahah...I think I shall enjoy the pic of the month challenge

I'm in for January!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links