Uh, about your Colt 1911...

This is a discussion on Uh, about your Colt 1911... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When I turned 21 20+ years ago, my friend and I went in together and bought a Colt Series 80 Government Model .45 in blue. ...

Thread: Uh, about your Colt 1911...

When I turned 21 20+ years ago, my friend and I went in together and bought a Colt Series 80 Government Model .45 in blue.

We had so much fun and even got into reloading and eventually bought a Dillon SD. He eventually got bored with the gun and decided to get into rifles - eventually buying a HK93 (5.56).

After that, I had another friend who I turned onto guns and since he had a huge income, he went completely gonzo and started buying all kinds of guns. I ended up trading him or him giving me, I really can't remember a HK P7, a G21, a NIB P220, and finally a G23 (which I EDC today).

So after all this time, he calls me a couple of months ago and sys that he bought the Colt back from his friend for the same $450 that he sold it for (this is his condition when he sells guns to his friends). He asked me if I wanted to buy it back, and I declined as I don't have the funds.

Yesterday, he calls and says I'm looking for a 1911. WTH happened to the Colt I asked. Uh, well...

Oh no. You didn't do something stupid to it and mess it up did you? (he was telling me the last time he was thinking about doing some unreversible grip mods)

No, it turns out he gave the Colt to a LAPD or OCS (Orange County Sheriff) cop as a Christmas present. (He's really generous like that).

Whew! I told him I had no problems with that. Thank Sam Colt and John Browning he didn't butcher the gun. :)
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; December 13th, 2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Corrected a language workaround.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Sponsored Links