Think You've Had A Bad Day?

This is a discussion on Think You've Had A Bad Day? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A Christmas Story for people having a really bad day: When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as ...

Thread: Think You've Had A Bad Day?

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Think You've Had A Bad Day?

A Christmas Story for people having a really bad day:

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and had hidden the liquor. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.
    The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree . . .
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

jfl
    I heard it before but it still gives me a good laugh ... THANKS.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

That's funny.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I always wondered how the tradition got started!
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

LOL !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Not funny! (I am having a colonoscopy on Tuesday-the comparison is too close!)
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    The colonoscopy itself isn't that bad, especially if they knock you out like they did me. It the day before prep that really sucks. A word of warning, when you drink the miralax you'd better be within a couple steps of the bathroom.
    Last edited by morintp; December 14th, 2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Changed the name to a real laxative, instead of a wine.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    You won't remember the procedure.

However, you will remember the turbo lax!!!

Don't get more that 10 paces from the bathroom and make sure you have a good supply of TP.

If you want to have fun with the doc have your wife take a sharpie and draw a bullseye on your backside. The kind with rings, well you can guess what the center ring is.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    Don't get more that 10 paces from the bathroom and make sure you have a good supply of TP.

If you want to have fun with the doc have your wife take a sharpie and draw a bullseye on your backside. The kind with rings, well you can guess what the center ring is.
    Thats funny. Many sure that you have the good TP not the kinda that feels like sandpaper.

There ain't nuttin' to it! I showed up without a designated driver (guess I don't hear so well...they said they told me) and they wanted to postpone the procedure. Not after drinking that preparation **** and fasting all night! I told them to go ahead without the anethesitic. They did. It got a little uncomfortable, but nothing worse than a gas pain. I finally asked the Doc if he was about through. He replied, "Son I started out with four feet (or was it five?) of hose and I'm done to the last 6 inches....just relax."
    After it was over, they applauded me as I left.

Gee, learn something new every day!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    From a nice Christmas story to TMI..................

That was funny!!!

Links