An interesting day in South Carolina…

This is a discussion on An interesting day in South Carolina… within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I walked into my local Wal-Mart and almost the first person I saw was a man in the 50 to 60 year old range with ...

Thread: An interesting day in South Carolina…

An interesting day in South Carolina…

I walked into my local Wal-Mart and almost the first person I saw was a man in the 50 to 60 year old range with what looked to be a Ruger 9mm in an OWB leather holster. This man did not appear to be LEO but he was very openly carrying. Without being obvious I watched him and the other customers for a few minutes, no one seemed to notice his gun. True he had on a dark blue work shirt and blue jeans so the gun blended in. I sure felt better about printing; if no one noticed a gun in the open no one should notice that slight bulge under my left arm.

A little later my wife and I were in Wendy’s and while we were eating a guy walked by with a cocked and locked 1911 in an IWB but outside his shirt. As the manager was doing an interview at the table next to us we pointed out the gun. The manager looked at him and saw a hint of a badge on the guy’s belt and decided that it was ok, he must be LEO.

SC is not an OC state so it was unusual to see two people open carrying on the same day.
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

2. Remove Ads

jfl
    As you said, no one noticed it; this is why you shouldn't over-worry about printing ... unless there is specific language about it in your state's laws. Especially with a dark shirt, nobody notices !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Links