Urban Myths/Legends. - Page 2

Urban Myths/Legends.

This is a discussion on Urban Myths/Legends. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The surest sign there is other intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet. -JT...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urban Myths/Legends.

The surest sign there is other intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.

-JT

Senior Moderator
    To believe that we are the only ones in all of creation is somewhat naive.

I do know that several Alert 5's were scrambled over the Indian Ocean several times and that all of the pilots and radar operators as well as others in CIC had to sign specific non disclosure forms.

There are lots of things that are unexplainable...and the astronauts,pilots,and various modes of scientists that have seen them aren't the kind that wear tin foil on their heads.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I am still searching for evidence of intelligent life on earth, in ANY form.
    Don't waste your time looking north of Virginia for it.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

I know the guy who submitted this report to the BFRO (Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization).

BFRO Report 16550: Solo camper's late night encounter outside Truckee

OK, time once again to dust off the tin foil hat...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I've spent a lot of time in the woods, but I have never seen a mountain lion. Just because I haven't seen one doesn't mean I think they are myths. Humans have explored less than 1/3 of Earth, and yet we have some egotistic idea that if we have not observed it by now, it must not exist. Rubbish.
    Since most of the myths here are about terrestrial phenomena and since 70% of the earth is covered in water, I would say we have a huge amount of the terrestrial area covered. Yes, some new terrestrial or inland creatures continue to be discovered, either in very remote areas or that are very small creatures. Things like Sasquatch aren't small. It is hard to believe they could be real when nobody has ever produced definitive evidence of them, not in several hundred years of their supposed reporting to western society.

I actually own a bigfoot cast made by Grover Krantz, noted bigfoot research. It is signed by him and is from a "female" bigfoot. He proposed that the only way to put the myth to rest and prove to the world that bigfoot is real is for somebody to bring in a carcass (as attempts to bring in live creatures had failed). He was correct of course, but made the cryptozoology community quite upset by his pronouncement.

Grover Krantz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chupacabra-Most likely it is a wolf with mange, but who knows.
    All of the reported and studied Chupacabras have been canids, but none have been wolves. In fact, no wolves exist on the island where Chupacabra were first reported (Puerto Rico).
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    OK, time once again to dust off the tin foil hat...
    I found that by lining my tinfoil with graphite it offers much better protection. Tinfoil alone actually makes you more accessible.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I found that by lining my tinfoil with graphite it offers much better protection. Tinfoil alone actually makes you more accessible.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

Michael
    Uh oh... the person on the site uses aluminum - not good! You must use tin, or the waves can still get you. Come on man!

(seriously though, you need tin foil specifically, aluminum will not do. I can't remember exactly, but I think shiny side out, dull side in. Doing it the wrong way will mess it up too).

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Uh oh... the person on the site uses aluminum - not good! You must use tin, or the waves can still get you. Come on man!

(seriously though, you need tin foil specifically, aluminum will not do. I can't remember exactly, but I think shiny side out, dull side in. Doing it the wrong way will mess it up too).
    CRAP!!!!
    And here all I,ve got is aluminum foil
    Good thing my Wal Mart is open 27/7
    I hate to think of spending the night
    unprotected
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Had an Elvis sighting at the deer feeder, eating corn.

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    CRAP!!!!
    And here all I,ve got is aluminum foil
    Good thing my Wal Mart is open 27/7
    I hate to think of spending the night
    unprotected

I think the aliens have already got to your watch.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Just because no one has difinitive proof of beings from the stars or any of the other creatures doen't mean they don't exist. Ishi was unkown to people untill he walk out of the forest. He was the last surviving person of his tribe. I could go off and live in the hills for years and avoid people. This wouldn't mean I ceased to exist. Any competant woodsperson can avoid contact with others if they choose to. A creature such as Sasquatch that spends their entire life living in the wilds could avoid contact with humans if they chose to.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I have no doubt that over 50% of these stories are true. Just not sure which ones.

I and some friends were in my truck "mudding" a field one night when we absolutely saw "something" hiding behind a tree watching us. One of our buddies used to hunt alone in those woods and on several occasions he saw it too. It would always run away when he got too close.

I agree, somebody needs to put a cap in these enigmas' butts and drag in a carcass to once and for all prove their existence.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

A couple of years ago I was driving by my Uncle's house about 10:00 pne night when I noticed some lights hovering over his house. I had just watched one of those UFO shows a few night before so I was interested in them. I slowed down and rolled down my window but didn't hear anything. I finally stopped and got out of my truck so I could see better. They were probably about 400 yards away and slowly moving in perfect "V" shape just like the ones described on the TV show. They slowly moved around and made absolutely no sound. As I watched them they finally moved into a location where there was some moonlight so I could see the outline. It was three Blackhawk helicopters flying in perfect formation and I could not hear any noise from 400 yards. let me say that I was impressed and have a fine appreciation for those fellows flying them and the ones who designed and built them. I can easily see how someone could easily mistake them for UFO's as the were Flying, were Objects, for awhile the were Unidentified and if I hadn't taken the time and trouble they would still be Unidentified.

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I think the aliens have already got to your watch.
    That was not aliens,it was Smirnoff
    Thanks for pointing that out though.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links