Urban Myths/Legends. - Page 3

Urban Myths/Legends.

This is a discussion on Urban Myths/Legends. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I would hardly call a deer intelligent, but I usually have a heck of a time finding them in the woods. Imagine something as intelligent ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Urban Myths/Legends.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I would hardly call a deer intelligent, but I usually have a heck of a time finding them in the woods. Imagine something as intelligent as a chimpanzee.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

A dense enough population of Sasquatch to allow for successful reproduction and the continuation of the species would mean that poop, hair, and dead bodies would be regularly found.

There are many unidentified flying objects - most of them normal aircraft. Other are not so normal: crystal shaped UFOs were part of the lore until the day the stealth bomber became known to the public. Now we don't hear much about those aliens craft. Remember, just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean it must be some guy from Planet X.

I would love it if all sorts of large, very strange critters were out there for us to discover, but it ain't so. There are many really weird things in the deep oceans we've not discovered, but not on land.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

ALIENS? Had plenty of them here until the economy went south....maybe they all went with it? I've seen plenty of aliens around these parts...I don't figure anyone needs actual proof. The jackelope does exist though.....seen it with my own eyes. Not a legend in any way, but something to definitely be scared about.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    A dense enough population of Sasquatch to allow for successful reproduction and the continuation of the species would mean that poop, hair, and dead bodies would be regularly found.
    I've never seen a dead deer, squirrel, rabbit, etc. in the woods when I was hunting but I've seen quite a few live ones. Nature has a way of taking care of the dead. Scavengers mainly. Plus the beast's reclusive habits. Heck the others may even recover the body for burial.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I've never seen a dead deer, squirrel, rabbit, etc. in the woods when I was hunting but I've seen quite a few live ones. Nature has a way of taking care of the dead. Scavengers mainly. Plus the beast's reclusive habits. Heck the others may even recover the body for burial.
    I have seen plenty of deer, squirrels, rabits, possums, racoons ....... dead on the side of the road. In fact I average seening 2 deer a week dead on the side of the road driving to work and back. Never seen a Sasquatch on the side of the road. I have found deer antlers and bones while hunting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links