Have You Ever Received The Look ?

This is a discussion on Have You Ever Received The Look ? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As I was getting my coffee this morning I could feel the twin laser beams boring into my back from across the room emanating from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Received The Look ?

Have You Ever Received The Look ?

As I was getting my coffee this morning I could feel the twin laser beams boring into my back from across the room emanating from the Mrs.After 36 years I know that this is not going to turn out well for me.So I turn around and take a seat at the table wearing my best what ever it is I'm sorry look no luck.

On the table there's a single round of my Self Defense ammo all by itself it had somehow made it from from the range to the laundry sure enough I cleared all my mags and 1 reload from the range popped up last I don't know what it would have done to the washer but I'm glad she was on her game and, I stand admonished for my lapse in safety. So maybe the looks not that bad after all.

2. Remove Ads

You've got a beating coming amigo. Better just take it like a man.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Two minutes of "the look" is worse than a triple life sentence. After range time, I always end up with a stray round or two in my pocket. I usually throw them in the cupholder of my truck .... if I remember.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Prepare for hand to hand combat... prepare for war! Our prayers are with you.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

You need to practice the info we all get from the 'Experienced Married Husband Course' we all have taken.

Remember to use the following statements in the proper tone and at a well-coordinated time...

"Yes dear."
    "I'm sorry dear."
    "I hear you dear."
    "I see your point dear."
    "I'll really try dear."
    "Thanks for sharing, dear."

Used sparingly, they can help.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I get the look everyday I take a breath for something I've done. Leaving ammo in my pockets? LOL, if thats the worst I do she's a happy camper.
    "Just blame Sixto"

There's only one correct solution.

"Sweety, I have absolutely no idea what I've done, but if you will only allow me to go to my room and think about it I'm sure I can come up with something"
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Lead Moderator
    When I was growing up it was common for my mother to find .22 LR rounds in the dryer or washer. I have never heard of a round going off in a washer or dryer. Good luck with your wife.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Ask her if you can go retrace your steps--starting at the range with a couple fresh boxes of ammo.
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

I know the "LOOK" and the feeling! I recently retired and I am going thru the re-training period at home. I get the "LOOK" at least 2 - 3 times a day ( down from 5 - 6). I figure if I can survive another 36 years of marrage, the look may go away (along with everything else). Time heals / eliminates all issues.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You need to practice the info we all get from the 'Experienced Married Husband Course' we all have taken.

Remember to use the following statements in the proper tone and at a well-coordinated time...

"Yes dear."
    "I'm sorry dear."
    "I hear you dear."
    "I see your point dear."
    "I'll really try dear."
    "Thanks for sharing, dear."

Used sparingly, they can help.
    You left out "Your right dear."

Just remember, marriage is a give and take situation. She gives you hell and your definitely in the wrong, and you have to take it!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    I definatly know the look and it is usually followed by .
    My prayers are with you.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

I usually head for the range or a movie when the wifey starts her stuff. In this particular case, I guess it was a good thing she found the ammo.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

VIP Member
    I have pretty good luck dealing with those looks using some attempt at humor (I'm still married after 33 years).

YMMV, but I'd probably look at her face, then the bullet and say:

ME- "Oh you bought me a bullet......thanks".
    HER- Face worsens, "I found this in the washer"
    ME- "Don't you check your pockets"? (spoken, as I duck for cover)
    HER- Face contorts to physical limits, silent treatment commences, daggers coming from eyes.
    ME-"Ok, you are exactly right, I need to check my stuff more closely, if you find a bullet again, just remind me, I can do better"
    HER- Face eases up, silent treatment barely in affect.
    ME- "Well at least I'm not as bad as Bill" (FYI, true story.....Bill put his gasoline soiled dirty clothes in the washer, started it himself, and minutes later a spark + gas fumes blew the top off of the washer)
    HER-laughing at the ridicuously true story and thankful knowing that her husband is not Bill
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

This is the look I usually get,

I am usually saying something smart or just a tad off color, my ADD filter is typically full so there is ample overflow of statements coming out of my mouth.
    Attached Images
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links