This sucked

This is a discussion on This sucked within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Neat factoid: Soviet-era planes had screens that would fold out of the way after takeoff. This way, they didn't have to police the airfields for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This sucked

Neat factoid:
    Soviet-era planes had screens that would fold out of the way after takeoff. This way, they didn't have to police the airfields for junk.
    יזכר לא עד פעם
    Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am.
    Remember. Never Again.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tegemu
    A1C - Human Tumbleweeds are "FUNNY?", Being broken up is FUNNY? Being smashed into aircraft or equipment behind the operating aircraft is FUNNY? Being blown over the side is FUNNY? I pray that you never enjoy such hilarity personally.
    One of these days I actually hope to have a post that doesn't offend someone or isn't misunderstood. A guy can dream I guess...

Obviously it is never funny when someone gets seriously hurt. And I hope to never see someone blown into something or god forbid blown off a carrier deck.

However, I have watched one of my friends walk into an exhaust. She just had a dumb moment and walked right into it. AFTER we made sure that she was okay we all (her included) had a good laugh about it.

And for karma in action Friday I was nearly blown over by exhaust. A pilot pulled into the wrong spot. I was working in the next spot (with my back to him) when I saw my supervisor pointing and screaming something. I stared at him thinking that he had finally cracked, turned around and ducked when I saw the exhaust turning right at me. I ended up doing a little half roll and ended up on my back. Again no one was hurt so it was rather funny.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I was a jet engine mechanic for 15 years, never once did I see anyone survive that, sprayed out the back and ruined the engine.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links