UK Police have a Knife Problem

This is a discussion on UK Police have a Knife Problem within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police Sell Knives In Web Auction FOXNews.com - Amid Knife Crime Crackdown U.K. Police Sell Blades Online - International News | News of the World ...

Thread: UK Police have a Knife Problem

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar

UK Police have a Knife Problem

Police Sell Knives In Web Auction
    FOXNews.com - Amid Knife Crime Crackdown U.K. Police Sell Blades Online - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

--------------------------

Cheap knives and meat cleavers are being sold in online auctions - by police.

Several constabularies from across Britain have made the gaffe by listing the blades on the Web at the same time as supporting efforts to crack down on knife crime.

Police forces often sell lost or seized property such as bicycles, clothes and computer equipment through a Web site called Bumblebee Auctions.

A "kitchen devil" carving knife set - including a 17" blade - was listed for auction by Torquay Policewith a starting bid of just $1.50.

Devon & Cornwall Constabularyconfirmed it is investigating how the knives came to be offered for sale on the site.

It said "procedures will be put in place to ensure it does not happen in the future."

Thames Valley policelisted two nine-piece knife sets, which included meat cleavers.

"Selling items such as this kitchen knife set is against Thames Valley Police's procedures," a spokeswoman admitted.

Any item offered for sale on the site requires it to be collected from a police station and under no circumstances would knives have been given to young people.

Devon & Cornwall Constabulary published a statement on the Bumblebee auction saying, "This was due to staff error and will be investigated. Regular checks are made on the site and staff will be reminded of the policy."

The discovery comes just days after Prime Minister Gordon Brown and the Home Secretary Jacqui Smithpromoted their Tackling Knives Action Plan and pledged to continue working with police to take knives off Britain's streets.

----------------------

Here is the real story here, after the Big Gun Confiscation in the UK violent crime skyrocketed. One guy used a plastic toy gun to defend his home and was arrested because the "Home Invaders" thought it was real, this gave the green light for criminals to go further. Violent Crime has gotten so bad that there are some serious attempts to "Ban Knives" to curtail the Violent Crime. The whole selling point to banning guns in the UK was that it would decrease violent crime. This same truth about banning guns has held true in every country were guns have been banned. Violent Crime has increased here in the US in Chicago, DC, San Francisco and every city that tries to take away your right to defend yourself.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

2. Remove Ads

Soon we will be seeing headlines from the UK like this:

"Home Secretary Jacqui Smith promoted their Tackling Fists Action Plan and pledged to continue working with police to take fists off Britain's streets.

Since finally erradicating the menace of Bic Pens, she indicated that they feel fairly certain that they will get rid of the fists within the next several years.

Next up: Feet, elbows and knees."

Man!!! Have they also made foul language a felony???

At least I have no knife problem. I have a knife . . . . . no problem.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Soon we will be seeing headlines from the UK like this:

Next up: Feet, elbows and knees."
    How about heads?.......Can't have the "Glasgow Kiss" happening in the UK surely.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Soon the population there will be surgically altered to ensure they can't harm each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Soon the population there will be surgically altered to ensure they can't harm each other.

and the surgery will be mass euthanasia. seriously, they're headed for mass suicide over there. can i say it again? i'm so glad i didn't move there when i when i had the chance.

Interesting how they took the time to point out that - oh my! - one of the knives had a 17" blade, and that others were meat cleavers. As if that makes them bad or something. I see some interesting parallels here.

The UK has an idiot problem, not a weapon problem.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I wonder if they're selling any fire extinguishers.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

they're eventually going to legislate themselves into extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    The UK has an idiot problem, not a weapon problem.
    Fact. ^^

- Winston Churchill, Grave Roller
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

The UK doesn't seem to differentiate between law abiding citizens and bad guys.

They just want all the peons to play nice together without guns, knives, bic pens, harsh language and fatty foods.

The scary part to me is wondering how far behind them we are???
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Links