Am I legally obligated?

This is a discussion on Am I legally obligated? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think the sign says "NO GUNS ALLOWED" and I will betcha that a court will say the same thing. next time you go to ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I legally obligated?

I think the sign says "NO GUNS ALLOWED" and I will betcha that a court will say the same thing.

next time you go to pay your bill there, stand outside and wave at a clerk to come outside to get your payment..make him/her run back in, process the payment and return outside to hand you a reciept
    "Brains before Bullets"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    next time you go to pay your bill there, stand outside and wave at a clerk to come outside to get your payment..make him/her run back in, process the payment and return outside to hand you a reciept

Thats a good idea.
    Maybe when the employees start complaining about it, it'll get some attention from Corporate.

We have the sign here at the Cincular office. When asked about it, they said it was a coporate policy and that they had signs on all of their stores. They also said not to worry about it, they they didnt, and it was placed there for liability concerns.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Well, if it takes me ten minutes to do inside, I can just imagine how long that whole process might take. Besides...I'd have to announce the fact I'm carrying and can't go in. Concealed means concealed.

Senior Moderator
    I hope my copies are okay since the addresses on my DL and CHL don't match.
    Just to avoid any confusion and delay, include a copy of your adress change, if nothing else, mention it to them in a note on the paper that your DL and CHL is on. You gotta make it fool proof...trust me.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Administrator
    OK the RED CIRCLE/SLASH a person would have to make a total fool out of themselves to state that they did not know what that meant. Since by now it's a pretty universal symbol. It means NO!

I look at that sign and I read it as:
    NO SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOLS!
    so I guess if I was carrying a revolver - I would go right in.

Senior Moderator
    I look at that sign and I read it as:
    NO SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOLS!
    so I guess if I was carrying a revolver - I would go right in

Or...like already stated...no Berettas.

That would mean my Combat Commander is good to go....

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    ...and they would come outside why, exactly?

My guess is, any jurisdiction that would arrest you for carrying past that sign would be highly likely to have a DA willing to prosecute and a judge unwilling to dismiss the charges. So, there you have it. Now you are down to arguing semantics with a jury, which might or might not work out in your favor.

See, the problem here, RamRod, is that you want a clear, unambiguous, and lucid statement of the law. Actual laws, however, are drawn up by people who are unable or unwilling to ponder all the implications of the words they put on paper or (if you are of a more sinister bent) who deliberately obfuscate the law in order to keep their lawyer and judge buddies in business. Legislators have no interest in creating clear laws, for the most part.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    It could mean "Beretta 92/96 prohibited."

It might also mean changing to a new cable provider.

Senior Moderator
    My guess is, any jurisdiction that would arrest you for carrying past that sign would be highly likely to have a DA willing to prosecute and a judge unwilling to dismiss the charges. So, there you have it. Now you are down to arguing semantics with a jury, which might or might not work out in your favor.
    Not likey here in Arkansas. Our people arent quite the rabid antigun fanatics that yall have.
    First of all, he wouldnt get arrested unless he caused a disturbance or refused to leave.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Senior Moderator
    It might also mean changing to a new cable provider.
    Only problem is that is likely to be the ONLY one.

Thats the way it is here.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Not likey here in Arkansas. Our people arent quite the rabid antigun fanatics that yall have.
    First of all, he wouldnt get arrested unless he caused a disturbance or refused to leave.
    That's why I said 'if'. I figure it's more likely nobody would really do anything about it (and most likely that RamRod would never be noticed carrying anyway)... On the other hand, there have to be at least a couple of gun-wussy DAs somewhere in your state, don't you think?
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    That sign won't fly in TEXAS.........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

I hate to say it, but it seems pretty obvious to me what they're meaning.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    To decipher or obey the intent of this sign?

Saw this at the local Cox Communications office when I went to pay my bill yesterday. No words or writing...just this sticker.
    Here's a specific excerpt from the Arkansas state laws concerning concealed carry:
    Well, it's definitely not clearly written and it appears as though they're only attempting to ban the 92FS.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Moderator
    On the other hand, there have to be at least a couple of gun-wussy DAs somewhere in your state, don't you think?
    Yep. Most of them have the word "democrat" painted under their names.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links