Pillow pal anyone?

This is a discussion on Pillow pal anyone? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just though I would share this with you. I've had one for about 10 years and would be lost without it. I though of ...

Thread: Pillow pal anyone?

Pillow pal anyone?

I just though I would share this with you.
    I've had one for about 10 years and
    would be lost without it.
    I though of sharing this after reading a post
    about checking out noises at night.
    If i hear a noise at night I just move my hand
    to the side of the bed and my gun is there
    hanging on it in a holster .
    The holster I use is a cheap one a pouch on it for
    an extra mag but instead of a mag I put my
    Boker 6volt flashlight in it .
    It is so close to me that if I woke up and found
    someone standing at the foot of my bed he
    would not know I had reached for it.
    It can also be hidden under a dust ruffle.
    Here is a link on it . Home of the Pillow Pal
    PS. This is not a good thing to use if you have
    children as it is well within their reach.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Unfortunately, it wouldn't work for me, as I have a Select Comfort Air mattress on a waterbed frame, not enough weight to keep it in place. So I have to keep mine in a drawer beside the bed, in easy reach.

I've considered one of similar design for a while. Just never got around to picking one up.

Bottom line is it's preferred to have your bedroom gun, close by and consistently in the same place!

The location of the pillow pal is not an obvious location for an intruder who was inside your bedroom in the dark.

I'm glad that is working out for you.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I've got kids so no pillow pal for me. :(
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

USMC Ka-bar under the pillow Glock in the drawer. If someone is at the foot of my bed they get the ka-bar if they are anywhere else in the house then get a few.40 rounds to center of mass.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

AEA
    My bedroom gun is UNDER my pillow. If you are a BG in my bedroom, I can move my hand without you even seeing me and I will shoot you from under the covers.

For those that leave theirs on the nightstand or even in the nightstand drawer, consider that a quiet BG can get it and shoot you with your own gun before you even wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by AEA View Post
    My bedroom gun is UNDER my pillow. If you are a BG in my bedroom, I can move my hand without you even seeing me and I will shoot you from under the covers.

For those that leave theirs on the nightstand or even in the nightstand drawer, consider that a quiet BG can get it and shoot you with your own gun before you even wake up.
    I don't think there is a BG quiet enough to get past my dog. My bed has a bookcase headboard, so mine is there with light attached and extra mags and flashlight.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

VIP Member
    Hey ya'll have a lot of good ideas and it seems you have put a lot of thought in your sleeping scenario.

How about this thought added to your current setup?

Get some sort of bedside lamp that is directional (sort of like a reading lamp) so that it faces away from you as you would sleep. Get a remote controlled switch or other device and attach it to your bedhead, so you have easy access to the switch while you sleep. At your option you can easily turn on the lamp, wreck the "visitors" night vision and startle him to the point of a diversion. Secondly, you give yourself a chance to ID an overnight guest, spouse, or whoever that might have foolishly wandered in your room.

For that matter, get a remote controlled sensor and set it up near your bedroom door, anyone activating it will control your lamp.....wakens you, blinds them, gives you a quicker chance to get your weapon. Place it high enough so pets won't activate it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Hey ya'll have a lot of good ideas and it seems you have put a lot of thought in your sleeping scenario.

How about this thought added to your current setup?

Get some sort of bedside lamp that is directional (sort of like a reading lamp) so that it faces away from you as you would sleep. Get a remote controlled switch or other device and attach it to your bedhead, so you have easy access to the switch while you sleep. At your option you can easily turn on the lamp, wreck the "visitors" night vision and startle him to the point of a diversion. Secondly, you give yourself a chance to ID an overnight guest, spouse, or whoever that might have foolishly wandered in your room.

For that matter, get a remote controlled sensor and set it up near your bedroom door, anyone activating it will control your lamp.....wakens you, blinds them, gives you a quicker chance to get your weapon. Place it high enough so pets won't activate it.
    Those are pretty good ideas,because when you
    are waking up ,seconds count,the more time
    you have to wake up and react the better.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I can't image how dangerous that is...but to each his own.

I also don't suspect it happens like in the movies, I just do not see me waking up to a BG standing at the end of the bed. First off, I don't suspect he will get that far in the first place (alarm, dog), but if he did, I would suspect if he is there to do harm, and gets to the bedroom before I wake up, a gun taped to my hand would not be good enough.
    I carry a gun for the same reason I own a smoke detector...I never, ever, plan on needing them...but if I do need them, and have them in a box...I won't be able to get to them for use fast enough.

I have a lockbox on my nightstand, usually open as there are no kids around, just the wife. But the BG first would have to get past the alarm system. Then past the dogs. Lastly, passed the sleeping cat. No way to get to the bedroom without running the gauntlet. I (hope) I would be ready, if necessary.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Not likely. While we don't set the alarm while we're home (wife's decision, not mine), the alarm beeps loudly when a door or window is opened, and I'm a light sleeper- it always wakes me up. Oh and along with the XD45 in the drawer, there's a pistol grip shotgun on the floor beside the bed

Links