California: U.S. Marines to Staff Vehicle Checkpoint Along with Law Enforcement Agenc

This is a discussion on California: U.S. Marines to Staff Vehicle Checkpoint Along with Law Enforcement Agenc within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by bandit383 What??? Special cases???...it's alright if it is DC??? I didn't realize "special case(s)" were allowed...oops, maybe only if it fits one's ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California: U.S. Marines to Staff Vehicle Checkpoint Along with Law Enforcement Agenc

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    What??? Special cases???...it's alright if it is DC??? I didn't realize "special case(s)" were allowed...oops, maybe only if it fits one's agenda.
    D.C. is not a state. It's something different, legally, and covered a bit differently (call it "conveniently forgotten" if you must) in many statutes.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Boy, I'll tell ya...it's good to know that all those years of sweat and sacrifice for this country and it's people are so well appreciated. And to think, all that time I was conspiring to usurp the government of the US and take over local law enforcement duties! And here I thought I was defending the nation... Silly me - glad you guys have set me straight.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

^ Nobody's trying to set you straight (deliberately with incorrect info), nor trying to pee in your cheerios. Folks are mostly trying to get the facts and reality straight, and to understand whether the civilian leadership is attempting to misuse the military force in a way not originally intended. This attempt to understand is NOT, so far as I can see, outright disrespect to the members of our military, let alone former members, much as some are trying to make it. Questioning of civilian leadership intentions rarely is.

By the way, simply questioning the threat of mal-intentions IS an attempt to defend this nation. Keep that in mind when next thinking about such questions and laying claim that mere questions are unpatriotic or disrespectful. Frankly, the civilian leadership has earned this 10x over, in recent decades, in a variety of areas. I appreciate the legitimate and tough jobs the military personnel in this country do. But when that power is threatened with abuse (and it's unclear to some in this discussion whether this instance is such a case), then it's time folks asked direct questions.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; December 20th, 2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Back in the mid 60's the base commander, a MGEN, would police the nearby
    for wayward Marines.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post

The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the use of the ARMY to enforce civil laws. It does not prohibit the use of any other branch of the armed forces to do so.
    Disagree.

The original Posse Comitatus Act referred only to the United States Army. The Air Force was added in 1956, and the Navy and the Marine Corps have been included by a regulation of the Department of Defense.

Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    ccw9mm - Yes, questioning the motives of Govt. is often a good thing. However, some here do not simply question, they automatically assume the absolute worst. In this case, we have one blog from one less-than-neutral website about one group of Marines helping to man one sobriety checkpoint, and it immediately turns into "the gub'mint is about to impose Martial Law!"

We even have a poster claiming that disaster relief efforts (and I have participated in a few) are somehow "excuses" to further this insidious effort to subvert civilian authority. Most of it is just silly, but some of it is insulting to those of us who have busted or collective butts to help people in need, to protect critical infrastructure in the States, and to defeat our enemies overseas - all without the slightest interest in imposing Martial Law or coopting the civilian government.

Really folks - sometimes they aren't out to get you, and you are just paranoid.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator

Exclamation

"Even more shockingly, the military provided assistance for the visit of Pope John Paul II to Baltimore in 1995"

That explains it...A direct link of The Vatican and probably also the Illuminati, and we already know that the U.S. Military is intimately tied into Bush and Skull & Bones through the Knights Templar.

Something really big is going on behind the scenes because I also heard that Reynolds Aluminum is gearing up and cranking out thousands of special helmets.
    We are possibly being prepared for an alien visitation. It's the only thing that makes sense.
    Come on OPFOR...tell us what's really going on!

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Well stated Opfor...I did chuckle though with "gub'mit".

I think the majority believe it is a good thing building a positive relationship between local LEOs and the military...through communication, training, duties. Many LEO organizations also train on military properties.

Besides natural disasters (uh, e.g., like a major earthquak in LA), I can think of a number of public panic scenarios that would clearly overwhelm the police.

There are always going to be naysayers, doubters, paranoiders...especially when it comes to gub'mit. "We have seen the enemy...and it is I" view. But from personal experiences...those that carry such views, never served on either end of the spectrum.

Rick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links