What a day.

What a day.

This is a discussion on What a day. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Me and my friend went to the final Cleveland Browns game against the Cincinati Bengals. Kick off temp was about 2-4. The stadium is right ...

Thread: What a day.

What a day.

Me and my friend went to the final Cleveland Browns game against the Cincinati Bengals. Kick off temp was about 2-4. The stadium is right on Lake Erie and the winds were at a constant 20-30mph with about gusts of about 50-60 maybe even stronger they were pushing me across the ice and im 6ft 240lbs. It was the second coldest experiance of my life. my first was another browns game with the temp at kickoff being -5 or so with the same winds and heavy blizzard like snow. It was so cold everybodys beer was freezing on the sides and top before being able to drink. And there were some crazy fans with no shirts on. It was fun sat about 12 rows from the west endzone but we agreeed next time we go were going to go earlier in the year.
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

Isn't that why there are BIG screen TV's so the games can be viewed from the warm, "safe" comfortable easy chair at home?
    "Brains before Bullets"

Last night I was watching two games at the same time. One had snow piled up on the sidelines, and the other was in Tampa. I was commenting to my wife about who in their right mind would be up North at a football game?
    Now I can tell her..."acardinal"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I've been to a few Browns games... they were always freezing cold experiances. Remember the old Municipal stadium? Talk about cold. The wind coming in off the lake... wow. I actually miss living in the Cleveland area.

I watched the game in jeans and a tshirt on my 60" HD screen in a cozy 73 degrees next to a nice roaring fire with Joe the cat sleeping in my lap. My wife might have even fetched me a beer or two. That was ice cold, but it didnt freeze.

Then she kicked me out in the 2 degree temps with howling wind to fix the Christmas lights.

So, the old saying came true last night, if its Brown, flush it down. My Bungals finally played some decent football.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 22nd, 2008 at 12:54 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I gotta agree with Sixto. I am done sitting on a freezing cold bench freezing my rastafarian ne-ne's off when I can be at home sitting in the recliner, the woodstove top temp is at 650 degrees, watching the game on the 50" HD, and I didn't have to shell out $100/ticket.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

haha i agree i would have stayed home but well i like going to the games. and yes i miss the old municipal stadium. many browns/indians game ive went to there.
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

Administrator
    The Dawg Pound is something every football fan has to experiance. I remember going to the games in the late 80's early 90's when the Browns had a glimmer of hope. Those were good times.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah even now with the 4-11 record the dawg pound is still barking in full force

— Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Oh yes... what a day! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Just thinking about riding my Road King home from the shop yesterday seems mediocre or tame now. It was a 40 minute ride, it rained on me for 18 minutes, but I had a full face helmet, a windshield, and it didn't snow. A Cleveland Browns game it wasn't!

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    ugh...that sounds utterly HORRIBLE
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

If it's cold enough for a beer to freeze before I can drink it, I must be in the Arctic Circle.
    One word, Wide screen, oops thats two words.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Sponsored Links