Disgusting & horrifying picture - Page 2

Disgusting & horrifying picture

This is a discussion on Disgusting & horrifying picture within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Tally XD I wouldnt consider it ethical to put a murder weapon back on the market. On the other hand, put the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disgusting & horrifying picture

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I wouldnt consider it ethical to put a murder weapon back on the market.
    On the other hand, put the same weapon back to good use in police work, police training, or put it in the hand of some deserving old lady for a personal defense weapon, and it suddenly becomes not only ethical, but admirable.

Your reasoning is somewhat akin to the stigma put on a home where someone has committed suicide. Some people would say "burn it because it is cursed." That is why Texas does not require disclosure of the prior suicide because it still can be a good home -- the same as a former murder weapon can become a good useful firearm in the right hands.

OMG, It's like the holocaust all over again!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Because it's more important to kill the evil gun than, oh, I don't know, make it available cheaply to little old ladies who live alone and pass a gun safety course, thereby getting the gun off the street, adding a little to the department's bottom line, and helping a little old lady protect herself.
    Are you kidding?!?!!? She's going to go out and do drive by shootings!!! What are you thinking, guns only do bad things.

How did I do?

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    On the other hand, put the same weapon back to good use in police work, police training, or put it in the hand of some deserving old lady for a personal defense weapon, and it suddenly becomes not only ethical, but admirable.

Your reasoning is somewhat akin to the stigma put on a home where someone has committed suicide. Some people would say "burn it because it is cursed." That is why Texas does not require disclosure of the prior suicide because it still can be a good home -- the same as a former murder weapon can become a good useful firearm in the right hands.
    And when that personal defense weapon given to some old lady is taken away from her and used against her in her own murder? Then the courts get ahold of how the old lady got her gun that killed her?

I dont have a problem with it being for police work/training but I dont think it would do us gun owners a good service to have a handgun reappear as evidence in court again after being handed to a civilian.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

What a load of PR propaganda. If you look, they started torching a couple other guns trigger guards. And you leave the wood and rubber grips on to smolder? If you really want to ruin a Smith revo quick, open the cylinder, and cut the top strap. Just a staged photo to tick us off, and send a bunch of campaign contributions to the wrong people. I hope torch boy was wearing his Tommy Bahama sunglasses, and burned his retinas to charcoal.

But I'm feeling much better now.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

shame shame!
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

THis is a sad thing, however, these guns were likely siezed and were in evidence for years. They may have been involved in murders.

If that is the case, it may not be "legal" to put them back into service and I wouldnt consider it ethical to put a murder weapon back on the market.
    If that handgun happened to be the one my father bought me 45 years ago and later got stolen why is it wrong to return it to me?

Michael

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Wow!!! That's such a horrible picture. What foolish anti created this?
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

EW3
    I'm a big fan of the Makarov, and when I saw these pics on another forum, I just went "Oh the Humanity!"

"Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    If that handgun happened to be the one my father bought me 45 years ago and later got stolen why is it wrong to return it to me?

Michael
    Absolutely nothing. But no one mentioned returning the firearms to their rightful owners.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”

Gun buy backs, no questions asked. Do they check if weapons were used in a crime? Do they check if they have been stolen? Or do they just destroy them without caring where they have been or what they were used for?

You've got to be joking, right?

And when that personal defense weapon given to some old lady is taken away from her and used against her in her own murder? Then the courts get ahold of how the old lady got her gun that killed her?

I dont have a problem with it being for police work/training but I dont think it would do us gun owners a good service to have a handgun reappear as evidence in court again after being handed to a civilian.

That falls right into "the gun did it" mentality. WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post

That falls right into "the gun did it" mentality. WTH?

That is exactly my point! If a gun appears into a court more than once for a crime, especially if its murder, dont you think the jury and public are gonna see it just that way???

All I am saying is I dont think it a wise idea to GIVE guns back to just anyone or to allow just anyone to PURCHASE a gun that has been used in a murder or crime.

Give it back to its rightful owner. Use it a s police service gun. Use it for training but dont just give it to someone arbitrarily who may not have any training on handgun use or is too old to possibly even use the damn thing.
    If that person who received the handgun were to be involved in something as nasty as a murder, whether committing or is a victim of, that gun will be ammunition against all of us lawful gun owning citizens.

Yeah, it sux seeing nice guns get destroyed but hell, you cannot own them all! You have yours and can get more.

Likewise, we could say that no gun should ever be sold to a civilian, new or used, because they in fact do occasionally appear as evidence in court.

Geez, the logic overwhelms me!

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    Likewise, we could say that no gun should ever be sold to a civilian, new or used, because they in fact do occasionally appear as evidence in court.

Geez, the logic overwhelms me!
    I hope you are not terribly overwhelmed here, but you are missing the point. I am not talking about someone owning a gun they purchased for themselves. I am talking about public reaction to THE COURTS, THE LAW, THE POLICE, giving or selling guns to the public. Guns that HAVE ALREADY appeared in court.

Personally, I have no problem with it and it would be a way to purchase a nice gun that might be unaffordable any other way. However, you and me are not typical of "the public".

I just think that that would bring down a crapstorm of public outcry that might bring further legislation against gun ownership in general.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links