Ever See A Permit to Use Deadly Force Before???

This is a discussion on Ever See A Permit to Use Deadly Force Before??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I went with a relative to a guys house I never met before. I go in and notice this guy has little licenses EVERYWHERE on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever See A Permit to Use Deadly Force Before???

Ever See A Permit to Use Deadly Force Before???

I went with a relative to a guys house I never met before. I go in and notice this guy has little licenses EVERYWHERE on walls, tables, shelves, literally everywhere. Liscenses "to use deadly force" others "combat first aid", "use of deadly weapons" and tons of others literally dozens of these things. I thought they were a joke kinda like the way I see a CCDW badge, you know nonsense. But I was a guest so I didn't say it out loud. Instead I asked if he printed those out himself. Believe it or not this guy told me he went to state and federally sanctioned schools/classes for these things.

Now tell me if there are really places like this that will give you a "permit" or "diploma" to use deadly force? If there are websites you can go to and print 1 out I'd love to hear about it that way I can have a few printed as jokes to give to a few folks who aren't from Mars.

oh and P.S. This guy is a HUGE gun collector I saw some very nice rare weapons on his dining room walls nearly 50 or so all out in the open and not any at all kinda security or locks just bizarre to me.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

2. Remove Ads

Did he have HRH's "License to Kill" too? James, James, is that you?

I think, personally, he smoked some funny little cigarettes, but that's his call. You can probably get anything you want to on the internet. Very strange tho.....

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds rather a "Walter Mitty'' kinda guy! It certainly is possible to get certificates and diplomas and even I guess ''licences'' - but most will not IMO be worth the paper they are printed on.

Not in a court of law anyways!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Not much in this world you cannot buy. Even if these were legit,why would you want the liability?Say you defend yourself and these are discovered.

I think I took my concealed carry course from that guy.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Hmmm. . . . this reminds me of the post I made a few months ago about the guy I knew who told me he has a "National Carry License" and can carry on any airline with no problem.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

VIP Member
    Hoozyerdaddy wrote: "I went with a relative to a guys house I never met before. I go in and notice this guy...."

The only license to use deadly force is a court order to have a convict put to death. And that isn't in the form of a license you hang on the wall.

Sounds like maybe your relative's friend is a few eggs short of a dozen. Don't go back. There's no telling what someone in fantasy land like that might drag you into just by your presence.

People like that IMO lack self-esteem and make up for it by doing these funky things to show that they are a somebody. Instead, they show the world they are fools. But, they don't realize that is what they are doing.

Sounds like a registered Mall Ninja to me.

-JT

YOU...have some wacky relatives...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Does he go by the screen name Gecko45?

Yeah...this guy is living in his fantasy world. I would be VERY wary of going back...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    P95Carry. Sounds rather like a "Walter Mitty'' kinda guy!

I hear Ya.

Actually, there are a LOT of training facilities that offer classes on the “Use of Deadly Force” and, yes, they do generally issue a diploma or certificate for successful completion of the course. These, however, are not licenses, they are only certificates of completion.

If this guy has something that actually says that it is a “license” or “permit” to use deadly force then it has got to be a novelty item since, as Hopyard already noted, the only thing here in the states that would equate to a “license” to use deadly force would be an Order of Execution.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Several years ago I found a company on line that would sell you a license or ID card for what ever you wanted. They had ID cards for anything you could imagine. Want to be a "Certified Jedi Knight"? They had the card. Too bad I don't recall the company name. The point is there are clowns everywhere that will give you anything you need to pull any sort of story you want to spin.

i got one of these from an internet training course; now i can carry on a plane to Botswana!

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Does he go by the screen name Gecko45?

Yeah...this guy is living in his fantasy world. I would be VERY wary of going back...
    You hit the nail on the head with that one, I'll never go back there ever he was nuttier than a squirrel turd.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links