Some jerk...

Some jerk...

This is a discussion on Some jerk... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know this isn't conceal carry related, but I really couldn't figure out where to put it. Anyway, so I'm visiting family in AR and ...

Thread: Some jerk...

Angry Some jerk...

I know this isn't conceal carry related, but I really couldn't figure out where to put it.

Anyway, so I'm visiting family in AR and get a phone call from my alarm company letting me know my alarm has been set off and if I can meet the police at the house. I let them know I'm in AR and they call me back in about 15 min with the number to the police dispatch. Called them to find out they found my back door wide open. They said everything looked fine inside luckily. Now I have to wait until next week to find out for sure. I considered my neighborhood safe enough not to lock door at night, at least until now. Considering this was at 9:00AM I assume it was someone who knew we were out of town, or some punk looking for an unlocked door and a quick grab. Just goes to show you anything can happen at any time of day. I'll definitely be carrying full time around the house now!

VIP Member
    I moved it over here.

Sorry to hear about it but glad nothing was taken.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator
    Start locking those doors. Scumbags have multiplied like cockroaches in recent years and they can be found everywhere these days.

Hope that it all works out OK for you.

Exclamation

No place is sacred anymore...keep'em locked and watch your back.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    I know this isn't conceal carry related, but I really couldn't figure out where to put it.

Anyway, so I'm visiting family in AR and get a phone call from my alarm company letting me know my alarm has been set off and if I can meet the police at the house. I let them know I'm in AR and they call me back in about 15 min with the number to the police dispatch. Called them to find out they found my back door wide open. They said everything looked fine inside luckily. Now I have to wait until next week to find out for sure. I considered my neighborhood safe enough not to lock door at night, at least until now. Considering this was at 9:00AM I assume it was someone who knew we were out of town, or some punk looking for an unlocked door and a quick grab. Just goes to show you anything can happen at any time of day. I'll definitely be carrying full time around the house now!
    Gosh...knowing all that, I don't know if I could enjoy my vacation time away from home. No place is a "safe" place any more. I don't know of any place really, that ever has been. I feel badly about a pane glass window on my back door even though I lock the door knob and the bolt lock. These days, and with temperatures well below freezing in most of the country, it may have just been someone looking for a warm place out of the elements. Neighborhoods............why I don't like them and why I like the country even if there is more risk involved-----------a lot of neighbors have nothing better to do than figure your schedule. Scanners can pick up phone conversations.......even if you call your newspaper and tell them to defer your subscription for the week.....more than one person knows. I have a weird work schedule that even I have a hard time keeping up with, and I already live out of town in the country close to fishing, hunting, and the range, so a vacation for me isn't usually more than 24 hours away from home. That may not have much bearing....but also.....kids talk. If you have children...they talk with other kids and pretty soon everyone knows you're going to be gone to somewhere for a certain amount of time. I know all too well how hard it is to maintain security with all the variables, but anyone should be able to limit this in their own way to certain extents. It truly sucks this came down on you while you are supposed to be enjoying yourself. You're in Arkansas, and I don't know where, but my brother in law will be here through the weekend, and we'll have a couple of decent days weather-wise to go to the range. I'd like to eat up some of those 7mm mags I bought him for Christmas...so we'll be hitting the range a couple of times between now and then. You're more than welcomed to come out and try anything you'd like that I have with 12 hours notice. If you can find Alma, AR on the map, I can get you to my place and the range is just down the road.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about the alarm. If you have an alarm then you consider whats inside important enough to protect. From being a former security patrol officer there is no neighborhood that is safe enough to leave your door unlocked, not even in gated and patroled communities. Also as a former private investigator some insurance companies will not cover any loss if you leave the door unlocked. I hope it all turns out fine but please lock the door. I am now a police officer and I keep my doors locked even during the day.

I can remember when it was ok to leave doors unlocked and your keys in the ignition. Would not advise it any more. Too many BG's out there and not enough laws on our side.

Stay safe, Stay alert, Stay secure.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    No place is sacred anymore...
    No place ever was.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I tell my neighbor to watch my house. Let them even use my car so it gets moved Nd they walk my dog (dogs are probably the best anti burglary defense)
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    Called them to find out they found my back door wide open. They said everything looked fine inside luckily. Now I have to wait until next week to find out for sure. I considered my neighborhood safe enough not to lock door at night, at least until now. Considering this was at 9:00AM I assume it was someone who knew we were out of town, or some punk looking for an unlocked door and a quick grab. Just goes to show you anything can happen at any time of day. I'll definitely be carrying full time around the house now!
    If it was someone who wanted a guick grab, wouldn't they have taken something?

Do you have any guns in the house? How are they secured?

There is no place that one should feel so safe that they believe that they don't have to lock their doors. Especially if you are out of town.

Police locker room have locks on the lockers.....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links