OFFICIAL: What everyone got thread! - Page 2

OFFICIAL: What everyone got thread!

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL: What everyone got thread! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got to sleep in 'til 0530, a Christmas stocking full of coal, a headache, and a chance to say "thank you" for the wonderful ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: What everyone got thread!

I got to sleep in 'til 0530, a Christmas stocking full of coal, a headache, and a chance to say "thank you" for the wonderful day that this really is and that I've been allowed to live this long to enjoy it...can't ask for more than this - good health, happy marriage, roof over my head, food in the 'fridge, and a great country to live in. Back to reality on Monday...Merry Christmas to those of you who are working today to keep America safe - here and abroad...
    Semper Vigilantia - Semper Paratus
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I got to watch my daughters eyes light up when she unwrapped her first gun. She got a Crickett .22 with the purple laminated stock. She has been wanting this for over a year now. It will be even more fun when I get off work in the morning and we go out and shoot it.
    Enjoy, as I did with my son 27 years ago.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

I told my family not to get me anything, but I still got 4 5-11Tactical shirts, a shirt and tie, and one big surprise I am not supposed to know about and have not received yet. I did buy myself two presents; an AMT hardballer longslide and a Springer Rob Leatham TGO II, plus the extended family exchange starts in 2.5 hours!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Well, we have 5 kids so the wife and I spend almost all of the Christmas money on giving them a great Christmas. But, since I have a son who is now 18 and working, he bought me a set of Dorcy L.E.D. flashlights (He knows his Dad, I love flashlights) one that puts put 120 lumens and the other, 140 lumens. I love them.

My wife got me a new coffee pot.

And the other kids chipped in and got me a couple of decent little flashlights for the Jeep. Nothing special, not tacticool or anything, just good old, broke down on the side of the road and you need a flashlight kind of flashlights.

I got my wife a new fancy cell phone, which is exactly what she wanted.

And, since our computer croaked last month, we bought a new one back then and decided that it would be our early Christmas present to each other.

The kids got a metric ton of toys and video games. We got them a Wii, which I have bowled on a few times and must admit, it is fun.

All in all, it has been a very good Christmas. Right now there is a Honey glazed ham cooking right now and we will have a nice dinner at about 5pm.

I think after everyone crashes tonight I will probably hit the gym and try to work off some of these calories that I have taken in and will take in today.

Merry Christmas!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I might also be getting married to the most beautiful woman and reason I smile and get up in the morning to tonight sometime if she says yes to getting married early.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Enjoy, as I did with my son 27 years ago.
    Well, the first thing I had to do was remove the crappy safety lock on the thing. It is a little push button on the bottom that is very easy to push. When engaged, it blocks the bolt from going all the way in. When locked it requires a key to unlock from the bottom. I saw that as a feature that would get in the way of a rather enjoyable shooting session, so I unscrewed it from the gun. After I take the cut-off saw to the blocking pin, I will screw it back in so she won't have an open hole in the bottom of her pretty gun.

Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

That's priceless.

Funny you mention hard to find wii fit. We don't actually posess ours yet. They were everywhere at first, but we couldn't find a wii console so we held off buying it. Then we found our wii, but couldn't find a fit. We'll look for it next week, but by all accounts, I guess it's way cool.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    I might also be getting married to the most beautiful woman and reason I smile and get up in the morning to tonight sometime if she says yes to getting married early.
    Back off my wife, pal! Sheesh, I work one Christmas and the vultures move in!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Glock 36 with night sites. I think I might be coming over to the dark side. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    Good luck!

I got a TomTom, digital camera, shoes and socks, and some other little doodads. Good stuff I can actually use. Most of the gun stuff I wanted is out of stock, LOL. My whole family should be getting a big flat screen for the entertainment room however.

Merry Christmas to all! Constant Vigilance.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

A nice blue SIG SAUER long-sleeve shirt especially suited for indoor and spring range wear:

Not pictured are a set of Hogue checkered plastic grips for my SIG P229 SAS and a set of TruFlo TFO (yellow rear/green front) sights for the same pistol.

My SIG is very happy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Christmas List

Crock Pot, really wanted and receieved.

Browning Hi Power Practical 40 S&W. I've got a great wife.

1,000 Rounds of Federal 180 Grain JHP. Got to have something to put in the Hi Power.

Picture Frame to put a commendation in for my "love me" wall. I'll hang it in the bathroom next week. :)

The "better half" got a trip to Australia for three weeks.

Biker

PS: Lima and JD, I think ya'all got each other the best present of anybody on the forum. Congrats and best wishes to the three of ya'.

Gifts

Got a Procyon light from Insight. 120 Lumens and a strobe. BTW, I'm not allowed to play with it in the house anymore. A few toys from Cold Steel, too. Got the wife a couple of Crimson trace lasers and got her mom a new S&W model 40 in nickel. Got my son a model Marlin model 60 and a Savage 101 single shot .22. (he's 1 now, plenty old enough I think)

And I think I got some t shirts, socks, and underwear. Don't really remember.

I got two target stands, a Moultrie 5 megapixel trail camera, a Dale Earnhardt Jr. fleece pullover, couple of boxes of 9mm and 45 acp ammo, a Glock polo shirt and a Glock jacket. (and candy, oh I can't forget the candy... I love it so!)
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Well, in addition to the aforementioned new firearm/accessories. I received a Third Day cd, Miracle on 34th Street dvd, and A Bold, Fresh Piece of Humanity by Bill O'Reilly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links