Bad: Grinches Steal Christmas From Family - Weymouth, MA

This is a discussion on Bad: Grinches Steal Christmas From Family - Weymouth, MA within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Grinches steal Christmas from Weymouth family - BostonHerald.com A Weymouth family was targeted by a pair of Christmas Day grinches who made off with presents ...

Thread: Bad: Grinches Steal Christmas From Family - Weymouth, MA

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Bad: Grinches Steal Christmas From Family - Weymouth, MA

Grinches steal Christmas from Weymouth family - BostonHerald.com

A Weymouth family was targeted by a pair of Christmas Day grinches who made off with presents from under their tree and wrecked their living room, police and a family member said.

“The room was destroyed and everything was gone,” said Weymouth mom Joan Danubio, 42, who went to bed at 1 a.m. Thursday after wrapping several gifts for her 11-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter.

Her husband, Eric Danubio, 50, was awakened four hours later by suspicious noises, she said. The couple went downstairs and, after realizing that their family room had been ransacked, Joan Danubio opened the front door of the house and saw a white pickup truck loaded with the missing gifts idling as two men walked from behind the house with the family’s big screen TV.

“I opened the door, and there they were. I was so close to them I could touch them,” Joan Danubio said. As she screamed, the burglars dropped the TV and took off in separate directions - one suspect ran down the street, the other jumped into the truck and sped off as Eric Danubio ran alongside banging on the driverside window, she said.

Weymouth police said the burglars gained entrance to the home through an unlocked first-floor window above a bulkhead door that leads to the living room. The truck was found parked about a mile away with blood - apparently the homeowner’s - still on the glass, police said. Police described the suspects as two white males in their early 20s.

Among the stolen gifts were a remote-control helicopter, two digital cameras, a Web camera, sneakers, a digital radio, several concert T-shirts, a drum set and video games including “Guitar Hero,” Joan Danubio said.

“Christmas is supposed to be exciting for (the kids), but instead they sat upstairs and watched police and detectives go through the house,” said Joan Danubio. “We’re lucky to be together and safe. We will go on as a happy family, get through this, and still look forward to next Christmas.”
    Hopefully these scumbags are caught in short order.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Sucks that this could likely have been prevented by simply checking to make sure all windows were locked. On the other hand, Xmas gifts can be replaced.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    How low can you go ! I hope part of there sentence is working on Christmas related activities.Full restitution,fine,community service and jail would work for me.Hit them hard young hopefully this will stop them.Being a victim sucks,I know how it feels and justice system rarely works for the victims!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Why was the blood apparently from the homeowner? Did I miss something?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links