A bullet made my roof leak

This is a discussion on A bullet made my roof leak within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SIXTO Anywhoo, is deer hunting with a rifle legal in Indiana? I can't cite anything hard, but centerfire rifles are not legal ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A bullet made my roof leak

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Anywhoo, is deer hunting with a rifle legal in Indiana?
    I can't cite anything hard, but centerfire rifles are not legal to hunt deer in Indiana as I understand.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Who hunts with FMJ ammo anyhow? My guess is that someone shot in the air with their old rifle just for fun.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Glad noone got hurt...
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Yep, just a stray 30 caliber bullet from someones target practice, hunting or other form of discharge.

When I was on funeral detail, we only used blanks, no live rounds, don't think that would be allowed in the states here. We didn't use blank adaptors, just had to cycle the M-16 manually between each of the three firings.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I would say that's a .308

I went to a funeral of an 'old vet' the 21 gun salute was done with blanks, the primer and whole base of casing was painted red, they were crimped .30-06 blanks shot out of old Springfields.
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    I can't cite anything hard, but centerfire rifles are not legal to hunt deer in Indiana as I understand.
    If you can not hunt deer with a center fire rifle, that pretty much leaves a rimfire (I am not aware of any rimfire rifles that are greater than .22 cal) or black powder.

So, what does one use to hunt with in Indiana?

Senior Moderator
    Shotguns. Illinois is the same way.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Have you wieghed the bullet? If you can get it onto a sensitive balance, that would help.

The first day back from New Year's this year my friend from work came in with a rental car. I asked him where his GTI was and he said it was at the body shop because a .45 calibre slug was lodged in his hood. He'd left it at the dealer after Christmas to get a CEL cleared and the dealer didn't get to it before they closed. There were several slugs around the parking lot in and the one in his hood. New Year's (or any type) celebrations with live ammo are no good. I pulled into Church Hill in Richmond last Dec. 31 when gunfire broke out from everywhere in the city. I could imagine it must have been somewhat like Beirut. All the cop cars in the vicinity lit up their Christmas trees and hit the sirens.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    If you can not hunt deer with a center fire rifle, that pretty much leaves a rimfire (I am not aware of any rimfire rifles that are greater than .22 cal) or black powder.

So, what does one use to hunt with in Indiana?
    I'll echo Hotguns with "shotguns." A friend of mine hunts in Indiana. He doesn't like it that he may as well leave his Remington 700 at home and has to carry his 870.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Senior Moderator
    I've got a few friends that go to Illinois to hunt the big cornfed bucks.
    They are limited to shotguns only.
    It makes no sense at all because they are hunting prarie where you can see 3 miles down the road.
    Thats from the antigun politician mobsters in Chicago running the place.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

wow thats scarry, I wouldnt know what to do if that happened to me....yikes

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    My grandparents lakehouse had a hole show up through an exterior wall right above the bed. A similar hole was on the perpendicular wall. Found a bullet lodged in a rafter. Turned out the neighbor was shooting a centerfire at a squirrel and hit the house.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You really need a set of calipers and find the bullet diameter. I always thought 21 gun salutes used blanks, or wooden bullets?
    Blanks. BFA's (Blank Firing Adaptors) are used in gas operated auto and semi-auto rifles so that the required pressure for re-cocking can be built up. I was in on a Military Funeral detail while on shore duty and stationed in Columbus, Ohio. I used both M-14 and M-16 rifles for the details.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Shotguns. Illinois is the same way.
    Blackpowder too I think????

On a note to the OP, a 30-30 caused our roof to leak, of course it was from my Dad (WWII Veteran) shooting a hole through the living room cieling while giving me and my brothers an educational demonstration on firearm safety................, he did a pretty good job, it scared the sheet out of us and we took firearm safety very serious after that. It was an accident of course.
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Who hunts with FMJ ammo anyhow? My guess is that someone shot in the air with their old rifle just for fun.
    well.... there is a bill being proposed for minnesota to ban lead hunting bullets. that would mean full copper jacket or else solid copper. maybe this person is being pro-active

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links