YES, finally got one...

YES, finally got one...

This is a discussion on YES, finally got one... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today is one great day guys! Let me fill you in. First off, I have been laid off since September. I found out just how ...

YES, finally got one...

Today is one great day guys! Let me fill you in. First off, I have been laid off since September. I found out just how tough the job market is at the moment. All of my experience has been in the financial industry and this was not the time to be out looking for a position. Anyway, over the last 7 days I interviewed with a total of 6 members of upper management in this particular department. Today I received a call from HR extending me an offer for a management position there! To say I was happy is an understatement!!! It will be a raise of $10,200 from my last position and this will be my first experience as a manager. Have wanted to put that on my resume for a little while now. I haven't stopped smiling! It is only two blocks from where I did work so I can meet my old friends for lunch still. Things always work out... keep that in mind if you are having trouble with your job search. You guys have enabled me to keep my sanity over the last few months by giving me something to keep my mind busy and I thank you for that! There is something to be said for staying positive!!!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Senior Moderator
    Exellent! I hope it works out for you. Congratulations !
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    I would say that its fantastic news. I was out of work on three occasions and each time I found another, but always at less money. Each time I worked myself back up to as much or more. Nowadays it doesn't matter - been retired for 9 years. Congratulations - now go buy another gun.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

WOW! Just like you won the lottery almost! There are ALOT of people out of work right now and you really lucked out! CONGRATS!!!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Things always work out in the great commonwealth of Kentucky!

Congrats, Allen! That is a big deal in today's market in that industry! Very good!

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    WOW! Just like you won the lottery almost! There are ALOT of people out of work right now and you really lucked out! CONGRATS!!!
    I feel like I just won the lottery. ha! Like they say... I better go buy a ticket. The time off was nice for about a month but I am SO ready to get back at it. Never thought I would say that but I feel like a penned up animal and I need to be set free.

kingdaddyoh, the position is actually right across the river in downtown Cincinnati. It's about a 76 mile round trip drive for me but I've made that same drive everyday for 8 years now so I call it my "think time". Gives me a chance to unwind a little bit from work before I get home. It's a trade off for sure. All the jobs are downtown but I won't give up the peace of quiet of living in a farming community. (besides there's something to be said for being able to shoot off your back porch, right? ha!)
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Congrats!

Hard work pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Congrats, Allen! That is a big deal in today's market in that industry! Very good!
    It was so odd I thought... I originally got interviewed for a temporary clerical position that I was hoping had the possibility of going permanent (I needed A JOB) and after speaking with everyone there I come out with this. You just don't have a clue what the future will bring you, do you? Appreciate all the kind words guys!!!!!!
    Allen

a new job WITH a raise ??? Holy mackeral !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Links