Sad State of Affairs

This is a discussion on Sad State of Affairs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Tournament of Roses Parade is opened by the lead car, a car made in Japan, Sad!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad State of Affairs

Sad State of Affairs

The Tournament of Roses Parade is opened by the lead car, a car made in Japan, Sad!
    I carry a gun for the same reason I own a smoke detector...I never, ever, plan on needing them...but if I do need them, and have them in a box...I won't be able to get to them for use fast enough.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The only thing sad about it is that Detroit puts out crap that probably would break down before the parade is over!
    I have no sympathy for the Big 3, they did it to themselves, and like the banks now want the tax payers to bail them out.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

+ 1 what archer51 said.
    CCRIDER
    Kimber Compact CDP II, Sig 220 Carry Elite, Colt New Agent,

Sig Customer Service, Stinks!

"The more I know about people the more I like my dog."

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I have no sympathy for the Big 3, they did it to themselves, and like the banks now want the tax payers to bail them out.
    It's said the Japanese think 25yrs ahead. Well, it's been 25yrs since the last "bailout" (Chrysler). There was much to be learned, then. So much time ... so little change.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The only thing sad about it is that Detroit puts out crap that probably would break down before the parade is over!
    Or it would at least run out of gas!!!

I also thought it was sad that right after the lead car, was the U.S. Marine Corp as flag bearers
    I carry a gun for the same reason I own a smoke detector...I never, ever, plan on needing them...but if I do need them, and have them in a box...I won't be able to get to them for use fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by philman View Post

I also thought it was sad that right after the lead car, was the U.S. Marine Corp as flag bearers
    THATS sad. After all...the flag crew should have been up front, with the car behind them.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    +2. I live in GM country and it's hard seeing all the workers getting laid off, but it's fact that the UAWs union is hurting more than helping.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

The last two "American" cars I bought were made overseas. This last summer I purchased a Honda. Made in Tennessee. The brand name doesn't always tell the whole story.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The last two "American" cars I bought were made overseas. This last summer I purchased a Honda. Made in Tennessee. The brand name doesn't always tell the whole story.

Michael
    Wow!!

I thought Honda was made in Ohio and Indiana (maybe a plant in Alabama too)(Toyota in TN KY and TX)

VIP Member

Michael
    +1 My Nissan truck was built in Smyrna TN.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I didn't see it, but it was problably a 'Japanese' car made in one of the southern states by American workers instead of an 'American' car made mostly elsewhere.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The brand name doesn't always tell the whole story.
    Hasn't for quite a number of years, now. Good point.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Still, overall a sad comment. The only profits that are staying in America are the ones we as tax payers just gave GM and Chrysler.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hasn't for quite a number of years, now. Good point.
    Totally. I bought my wife a Honda Civic that is 75% US made. (Ohio) The car is flawless. My Mexican made Jeep is the worst lemon I've ever owned and my Mexican made HHR seriously lacks in fit and finish when compared to the Honda.

Always look at the window sticker and see where the car was made. you can check the VIN as well, it's coded to tell you where your vehicle was made.

I love to support American workers making American made cars, that's why I will stick with Honda and Toyota. The Big Three are selling us a line and shoving Mexican and Chinese made junk down our throats.

Sorry for the Rant...

Jim

let's put this in perspective: the american manufacturers deserve what they have wrought; they are not competitive by any means and they are now paying the price. But this is not really about bailing out the car companies, this is about bailing out the unions that have held them hostage for the past 60 years.

The first thing they can do to become more competitive is go into bankruptcy court and file chapter 11 like every other business has to do; this will negate the unrealistic contracts the unions have foisted on the companies and force them back to the table to negotiate a reasonable competitive rate for labor and benefits. then they can start fixing the rest of whats wrong....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links