TV Just got quite a bit dumber.

This is a discussion on TV Just got quite a bit dumber. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The West Wing will not be returning next season. Whether your politics are to the left or the right, this was an intelligent drama and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Just got quite a bit dumber.

The West Wing will not be returning next season. Whether your politics are to the left or the right, this was an intelligent drama and television as a whole will be dumber without it.

Yes, some accusations of this show being The Left Wing are fair, but I have to say, some of my favorite episodes are ones where a Republican character would take a Dem to the mat. I really do think that within the scope of the entire series, they were able to get out both sides of most of the major issues.

Above all, the cast was what made the show. Incredible actors all of them, and the writers who put the lines in their mouths deserve equal credit.

Well, had to make room for yet another reality show I guess
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Show never did a thing for me so no big loss..

Course i dont watch to much tv or reg tv that is history channel and sci fi beat the std channels any day

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    ............. history channel and sci fi beat the std channels any day
    agreed! Battlestar Galactica rocks! and the History Channel lineup is pretty good too, seems to have declined a bit in the past couple years though.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

yeah getting to be same stuff on history channel i watch those 2 channels 95% of the time though the week this time of year once racing starts will be 50% them 50% speed channel

Lead Moderator
    Not sure TV can get much dumber!

It seems like there are only about 5 new shows on twice a year, and the rest are repeats.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I am not a big T.V. guy but I do like to watch some shows now and then and I would agree that it does seem to only be a few new episodes and mostly repets.

Regular T.V. is digging their own grave, most all reality shows are stupid, the West Wing is all right but I am off an on with any and all shows anyway and I would rather watch Dicovery, History and other learning/information channels anyday before watching an entire season of the West Wing or anything else.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Lead Moderator
    I guess you will have to watch Celebrity figure skating.

Lately, I have been really diapointed in what is on T.V. So have been finding other activities to do instead.

I wrote a spec script for them a couple of years ago. My agent said they LIKED it but they passed. First positive feedback I ever got from the industry. They were fairly even handed on most issues EXCEPT GUNS! They tried to make a half hearted attempt to show the pro-gun side, but they couldn't quite do that and always wound up with the "anti" side looking "reasonable" or worse holding the higher moral ground.

Did you see the RANT last night? Nuclear Power. My father in law has a Ph.d in nuclear physics and used to run a nuke power plant! He said the episode was a pant load of poop.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    My step kids somewhat monopolize TV - which is no biggie because I watch very little - but when I see some of the garbage they watch I am prone to shudder!!!

When I do get quiet access now and again - I check weather channel - History and Discovery - that's about it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thumbs up E-ring Rocks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Lately, I have been really diapointed in what is on T.V. So have been finding other activities to do instead.
    Then you have just GOT to catch an episode of E-RING at eight o'clock eastern time on NBC (I think) anyway it is absolutely the most awesome show around and really shows the war on terror for what it is...mostly. They did a few pc shows on domestic terror groups, but usually these guys are spot on. Tactics and gun handling are pretty good too.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

+1 for E-Ring!

ExSoldier- Did you see the episode of WW where Mark Harmon let CJ shoot his carry gun- great scene.

Mark Harmon as a Secret Service Agent:
    " It's a .357 magnum"

CJ Craig- Fictional White House Press Secretary
    " Oh, I've heard of those, that's a good brand"

:)
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Then you have just GOT to catch an episode of E-RING at eight o'clock eastern time on NBC (I think) anyway it is absolutely the most awesome show around and really shows the war on terror for what it is...mostly. They did a few pc shows on domestic terror groups, but usually these guys are spot on. Tactics and gun handling are pretty good too.
    Not to bust your bubble about E-ring but I hear this guy has an office on the set.

Ranger Wannabes:

JARED CHANDLER (see attached resume)

Jared Chandler is not, nor has he ever been in any RECONDO school/training, nor is he in any "special recon element." He lives in California. His military resume is mostly fabrication. Jared Chandler makes his living as a military technical advisor in the movie industry in Los Angeles by misrepresenting himself as a qualified special operations soldier. The Marine Scout Sniper Association lists him in their Hall of Shame. Jared Chandler claims much military background, yet he never attended Basic or Advanced Individual Training. His only verifiable military school was attended during a stint with ROTC -- the three week airborne school at Fort Benning, GA. Jared Chandler has no RECONDO background. RECONDO (reconnaissance Commando) School was primarily for SF and Rangers/LURPS during the Vietnam War.

****ALERT****
    A criminal complaint has been filed against Jared Chandler, Matt Anderson and Steve Goyen by the United States District Court For the Central District of California on March 10, 2003. "Conspiracy to impersonate authorized US military personnel...making false writings...commit theft of government property." Steve Goyen was a Captain in the US Army Reserve, Matt Anderson was discharged from the active-duty army, Special Forces, with an "other than honorable in lieu of a court-martial" years ago. And Jared Chandler has never been in the US Army. All of them were military technical advisers, gun handlers and prop sellers to Hollywood.
    Link:
    http://www.suasponte.com/frauds_JC.htm

Go to the link and check out his 'resume'.
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

Lead Moderator
    I love it when guys like this get caught! Wish they all would.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    E ring isn't too bad. I have watched it some, but like watching History channel more. I watch NCIS occasionally too.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    I’m surprised no one mentioned shows like Shooting Gallery and Guns and Ammo TV; they are all on the Outdoor Channel.

Also you all should check out 24 on Fox, arguably the best show on television.

BEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links