CA High Court case on Stadium Pat Downs

This is a discussion on CA High Court case on Stadium Pat Downs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This may or may not be related to CC...that's the point of CC, we don't know, however this case could have wide implications if the ...

This may or may not be related to CC...that's the point of CC, we don't know, however this case could have wide implications if the individuals win.
    California high court to hear 49ers privacy case - 1/07/09 - San Francisco News - abc7news.com
    Aren't most of these stadiums are built at least in part with TAX dollars? And if so, wouldn't that therefore mean that they aren't really owned by any individual. In effect they're public property no matter who's name is on the mortgage or lease or whatever as far as I'm concerned. Which is why they shouldn't be allowed to do the pat-downs...just a thought.

Will be interesting to follow this one.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I went to a Bills game this year and they pat me down. I had pockets full of food, hand warmers, wallet, keys and lots of other stuff. They let me through without looking at any of it. I could have carried a shotgun under my jacket and they wouldn't have caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvibe View Post
    I went to a Bills game this year and they pat me down. I had pockets full of food, hand warmers, wallet, keys and lots of other stuff. They let me through without looking at any of it. I could have carried a shotgun under my jacket and they wouldn't have caught it.

Yep, as others have posted in the past these ECP pat downs or bag check are to make the sheeple "feel" safe.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Some states have specific laws prohibiting cc in stadiums - MO is stadiums with >5000 capacity. Big businesses often get funding, low interest loans, tax breaks, etc for bringing job opportunities and revenue to a state or county - that doesn't make them publicly owned.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvibe View Post
    I went to a Redskins game last year and it was the same thing. They patted me down, if you want to call it that. It was like one or two pats on either side right under my arms. Never even got near my waist. They only would have caught a shoulder holster, if that.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Links