Concealable Ray Gun

Concealable Ray Gun

This is a discussion on Concealable Ray Gun within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Now HERE's something that will make you 1911 guys sit up and take notice: ...brought to you by the folks at Weta ( Victorious Mongoose ...

Thread: Concealable Ray Gun

Concealable Ray Gun

Now HERE's something that will make you 1911 guys sit up and take notice:

...brought to you by the folks at Weta (Victorious Mongoose 1902a; lots of other nifty steampunk rayguns, too: Dr. Grordbort's Infallible Aether Oscillators).

Moderators: move to Defensive Carry Guns or Other Weapons if appropriate.
    Last edited by Henmeister; January 7th, 2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: (actually posted by Paymeister - from the wrong computer)

I think you would have to wait for the steam to build up between shots!
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Well, I'm still waiting for my phaser.

This also brings up an issue I have been thinking about... weapons in the Star Trek universe, specifically, on Federation planets and Earth of that era. It seems crime has nearly been eradicated, somehow, but you do have that farmer who shoots the Klingon who tries to come at him on his farm (with some sort of plasma shotgun or something), at the beginning of the opening episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.

I've also wondered whether Star Fleet is the Earth's government, military, and space division or if there's something different? The few criminal investigations on Earth you see are conducted by SF security... but by their very name, I assumed that they were separate from other Earth forces.

There are also local Navies still in operation, Malcolm's family was still in the British Navy during Enterprise time. I don't know if they have a purpose, though.

Oh man I am a certified nerd now, sorry

VIP Member
    I haven't seen this posted here again since I became a member.... Good repost.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Hey, I really did do a search for "Raygun", "Mongoose", and "Grordbort"!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I carried one but they didn't advertise it makes you impotent
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Well, I'm still waiting for my phaser.

This also brings up an issue I have been thinking about... weapons in the Star Trek universe, specifically, on Federation planets and Earth of that era. It seems crime has nearly been eradicated, somehow, but you do have that farmer who shoots the Klingon who tries to come at him on his farm (with some sort of plasma shotgun or something), at the beginning of the opening episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.

I've also wondered whether Star Fleet is the Earth's government, military, and space division or if there's something different? The few criminal investigations on Earth you see are conducted by SF security... but by their very name, I assumed that they were separate from other Earth forces.

There are also local Navies still in operation, Malcolm's family was still in the British Navy during Enterprise time. I don't know if they have a purpose, though.

Oh man I am a certified nerd now, sorry
    I always thought crime was eradicated later, due to the introduction of the replicator. After all, once you can just order up anything you want why would you steal something? The only commodities would be raw materials, energy, and ideas.

Of course Roddenberry, being a bit of a closet communist, took the opportunity to let us know that in the future there will be one world government and no such thing as money. Not exactly a happy future for me, and for some reason I doubt that if he had been around there would have been a scene with a civilian owning a firearm

Also the mere fact that there is a 'middle of nowhere' farmville 200 years from now indicates laws that restrict land use...
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    I always thought crime was eradicated later, due to the introduction of the replicator. After all, once you can just order up anything you want why would you steal something? The only commodities would be raw materials, energy, and ideas.
    Some people steal, etc. just cause it's in their blood.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links