Tell Us Your Stupid Humorist Moment

This is a discussion on Tell Us Your Stupid Humorist Moment within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First of all let me say that I have no shame! I thought I'd start a thread that we could share the stupid and/or dumbest ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell Us Your Stupid Humorist Moment

Tell Us Your Stupid Humorist Moment

First of all let me say that I have no shame!
    I thought I'd start a thread that we could share the stupid and/or dumbest thing we've done with anything associated w/our guns.
    I've got two:
    My first gun was a 642 w/CTC laser. My first time at the range I had no idea that the recoil was going to be more than I expected.
    I hit the clip holding the target and everyone at the range laughed.
    Then they laughed again when I complained that my laser needed adjustment.

The first time I broke in my leather holster I put the gun in the holster and (ready for this?) wrapped the entire gun & holster with a plastic bag. When I told my son he cracked up.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I feel like an idiot whenever I'm around gun people, because it's so obvious I'm not one of them. Almost all of my knowledge has been gained through the internet (aside from personal experience with my own guns).

So yeah, my "stupidest moment" is all the time

As for the truly stupid, I've never had a ND or accidentally pointed a gun at anyone, so I think I'm doing okay.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

The first time I shot an AR, I got all ready to go and pressed the button to release the charging handle. Except I pressed the mag release instead and dropped my friend's magazine onto the concrete.

Another time at the range the rangemaster called a ceasefire, so I put down the WASR I was shooting and pulled the bolt open to clear the chamber, extracting the round, which flew up and went into my open mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by nasal View Post
    Another time at the range the rangemaster called a ceasefire, so I put down the WASR I was shooting and pulled the bolt open to clear the chamber, extracting the round, which flew up and went into my open mouth.
    Okay, that's hilarious!
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

When I was in the military at the firing range doing one of our qualifications with the M-16 on of my friends decided to pull a practical joke. I shoot left handed - anyone ever seen a lefty M-16? Me neither. During a break I went to drop the kids off at the pool. While I was gone he took some of the lube they were using (the nasty smelling stuff that looked like semi-melted butter) and packed my bolt and upper with it. The first shot I took blew all that crap back in my face. I was covered with it, couldn't see a thing through my glasses. I had to finish the magazine half blind. I think the range master was in on it, he made a point of standing near me where he could see and was in hysterics afterward.

Maybe that's why I've never been a fan of the AR platform. It's a terrible design if you are a lefty. You get all the blow back in your face and you get pelted with hot brass.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Fast draw dry fire practice at home... I hear the rip of velcro as my gun comes out and points forward..... with the IWB holster still attached to it. Good learning moment.

The first time I shot an AR, I got all ready to go and pressed the button to release the charging handle. Except I pressed the mag release instead and dropped my friend's magazine onto the concrete.

I've heard of gold fillings but brass?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Stag arms makes lefty ARs.

Don't really have any stupid moments myself, but seen quite a few.

Saw some guys at the range with a semi auto AK clone. They are wearing camo...guy and his son. Comes time to cease fire and post targets...everyone locks their bolts to the rear...and these guys have no clue how.

Seen some guys at American Shooting Center shooting at about 5 yards. I'm shooting at 15 yards with my pistol, making nice groupings. I look over, and they are ALL over the paper...with a .22 rifle. Made me laugh.

Another pistol range I was at they had swept all the brass to the center of the range for some reason. Some retard shoots the pile of brass, and I guess there was some unburned gunpowder, cause that pile caught on fire, then all the chads from shot targets caught fire...then the target above it caught fire...
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Saw some guys at the range with a semi auto AK clone. They are wearing camo...guy and his son. Comes time to cease fire and post targets...everyone locks their bolts to the rear...and these guys have no clue how.
    Hah, well, at least when they have problems operating their firearms they will be able to HIDE from the BGs!
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Built me a tater gun..installed the igniter and was looking down the barrell to see if the ignitor worked..it did..saw the spark and the blue flame fast approaching my eyeball...seems the glue fumes love a spark..
    "Brains before Bullets"

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Built me a tater gun..installed the igniter and was looking down the barrell to see if the ignitor worked..it did..saw the spark and the blue flame fast approaching my eyeball...seems the glue fumes love a spark..
    Now thats funny...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Okay, that's hilarious!

And you call yourself Nasal? How about Oral?

VIP Member
    As a raw 18-year-old in basic training, we were shooting M16's for the first time. After we had fired for a while during our first range session, the mean guy in the really tall chair yells, "Clear your weapons!" I guess I was shooting slower than everyone else because I still have ammo in the gun. Everyone else is laying down their rifles and going back to the line.

So I do the only thing that seems plausible to my young brain: Since I didn't think it would be fair to the other recruits if I had longer to aim and fire than they did, I lower the gun to my hip and empty all the remaining ammo downrange as fast as it will go.

I look over at the mean guy in the tall chair, and he's staring at me with his mouth open like he's frozen in place. I go on back to the line. Fortunately, no one said anything to me about it.

After some thought, I think maybe "Clear your weapon" meant to stand clear of your weapon, rather than "Clear your weapon of any remaining ammo."

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    After some thought, I think maybe "Clear your weapon" meant to stand clear of your weapon, rather than "Clear your weapon of any remaining ammo."
    That's clear to me! A good intro to an M16, I think, no matter what the mean man in the chair might have thought.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    As a raw 18-year-old in basic training, we were shooting M16's for the first time. After we had fired for a while during our first range session, the mean guy in the really tall chair yells, "Clear your weapons!" I guess I was shooting slower than everyone else because I still have ammo in the gun. Everyone else is laying down their rifles and going back to the line.

So I do the only thing that seems plausible to my young brain: Since I didn't think it would be fair to the other recruits if I had longer to aim and fire than they did, I lower the gun to my hip and empty all the remaining ammo downrange as fast as it will go.

I look over at the mean guy in the tall chair, and he's staring at me with his mouth open like he's frozen in place. I go on back to the line. Fortunately, no one said anything to me about it.

Oh that just gave me a great laugh.

When I was younger my friend and I went out to some shooting in the woods. I had just bought my first custom holster. It was a paddle holster and it just fit my Glock 19 like a glove.

Anyways, my friend and I lined up some cans and we were going to do a friendly competion of speed drawing and firing. I got ready and very smoothly reached down and grabbed my gun, hit the snap with my thumb, and drew the gun. Only problem was my gun brought the holster with it and I got to watch my holster go flying through the air to land about 10 feet in front of me.

I have never worn a paddle holster since.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links