Jack is back, new season of 24

This is a discussion on Jack is back, new season of 24 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The new 24 season kicks off this Sunday after the playoff games, any fans? Got hooked watching from season one, thought season 6 was a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack is back, new season of 24

Jack is back, new season of 24

The new 24 season kicks off this Sunday after the playoff games, any fans? Got hooked watching from season one, thought season 6 was a bit lame, plot becoming repetitive. After football it'll be the only thing left to watch.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'll be waiting for the clock to start ticking again.

Terrorists dread the day in October that Daylight Savings Time ends. Jack Bauer gets 25 hours in which to kill them.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Beep.......beep....beep...beep..bebbebebebebebebeb e...
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I've gotten hooked. The first season had too many "groaners" in it (e.g., Jack's daughter continuously ignoring Jack's commands and putting herself--yet again--in harm's way; or the Presidents beeotch of a wife constantly interfering and him just letting it go...) and I though it wasn't going to be very good. It's gotten better as far as that goes; but there are still too many instances that are so far beyond the realm of reality and possibility that the viewer can no longer suspend his/her disbelief and so you start to go, "oh puhleeeze!"

But I keep on watching. I just hope that they don't jump the shark by continuing to make it so completely unrealistic so often (for example, if they really bring Tony back to life this season after the way he died, I'll probably stop watchin'...)

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    Terrorists dread the day in October that Daylight Savings Time ends. Jack Bauer gets 25 hours in which to kill them.
    hahaha. But on the backside, they get to win the day daylight savings time only gives him 23 hours? He never wins until the 24th hour.

I'm gonna miss it. Probably have someone at home DVR it for me. I got hooked last year. Watched the first season at home on leave. Later I was bedridden for 2 weeks with a bad injury and watched the other 5 seasons.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I freaking love that show. I get hooked on every season. I admit some of the things that happen are out of the realm of posibility, but then again, most of TV is. This is why we watch it, to escape our boring lives, lol. Anyway, in short yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

I like to watch but some of the stuff makes me roll my eyes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I like to watch but some of the stuff makes me roll my eyes
    I dream of being as good a shot with a pistol as Jack, hitting the BG on a fast-moving truck in the head at 100 yards...
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I know most people on here probably have a better eye for the pistols he uses. Anybody want to post after the show what weapons he was using? Might be fun...

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I was happy when he was usin the Sig
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I'm looking froward to 24 starting again I've been watching since season 1 episode 1,great show.

Best show on tv

He uses an H&K USP compact 9mm, I LOVE 24 its the best show on tv. I own seasons 1-5 on dvd and I am getting season 6 when I catch it on sale, they are normally $60.00 a piece but every now and then you can find them for $20.00.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Did you all watch 24: Redemption? It's supposed to be a bit of a lead-in to this season, apparently.

And yes, I am a hardcore 24 fan, far before I ever got into guns, too. I've watched every season and I guess for the first time, I'll actually be able to ID guns. Before, a gun was just a gun, didn't really pay attention too much except for the fact that Jack rarely ever uses a long arm. He used an AK for a bit in Redemption, but dumped it later. Of course he hits everyone he shoots at heh.

BTW, you guys can catch some episodes and Redemption for free and legally at hulu.com . Sometimes they even have it in true HD, and hulu.com high definition is actually pretty good. I have a requirement that any TV I watch religiously has to be in 720p at least. I also watch everything on my computer, though.

VIP Member
    The best gun handling in the whole show goes Chloe.... I hope she gets to shoot people this season
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links