Dude, jord gun eez sticking out....

This is a discussion on Dude, jord gun eez sticking out.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, I was at Sam's Club (NOT the same one TN Mike was at....) and I'm minding my own bidness as usual, but still aware ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dude, jord gun eez sticking out....

So, I was at Sam's Club (NOT the same one TN Mike was at....) and I'm minding my own bidness as usual, but still aware of people around me.

As I walk down the hunting isle, I see this man ahead of me who appears to be about 55-60ish, 5'7" or so, prolly 235-240 (looked about 8 months preggers). He has on Wranglers and a zip-up-the-front sweatjacket w/hood. The jacket is too tight around the midriff (owing to one too many trips to the buffet) and so I can clearly see the print of his pistol (woulda guessed glock by the outline) and it was a Galco OWB holster. On the weak side he had a spare ammo mag, matching color leather, presumably a matched set. Both ammo pouch and holster have the bottom 1/2 hanging out, so it didn't take Inspector Clouseau to figure this out.

Being the helpful guy I am, I said absolutely nothing about his situation, and continued to mind my own bidness. Got me to wondering, though, how many of my CCW brethren would have told him that he was printin like a merf?

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Slabsides45 View Post
    printin like a merf?
    I know what is printin but, what is this MERF you speak of?

I would'nt have said anything as Delaware is an open carry state.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It's a slang term I unfortunately picked up from a local rock station here, basically a play on words for "mother." I probably shouldn't be using such a term, given my Southern Baptist upbringing. What would mother say??

Apparently what ever you want it to be. You should merfing looking it up. There are 28 definitions at this link...

Urban Dictionary: merf

1. merf
    Antonym of "merp," indicating disappointment, anger, unhappiness, frustration, etc.

2. Merf
    Wolfy Slang: A word covering multiple purposes depending on the context.

An easy substitute and / or acommpaniment for:

Sighing.

Expressing disdain, indifference, shame, and / or sympathy.

3. Merf
    Vommiting from the comsumption of too much Marijuana.
    Bill smoked three bowls and a blunt and totally merfed man.

4. merf
    A word that originally appeared on Neopets, and later spread to other sites, such as AvidGamers and some EZboards.

Merf can be an expression of joy, sadness, releif, anger, confusion and any other emotion you can think of.
    "Merf you"

"Get it?"
    "Merf"

"MERF! I got an A on my test!"
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Slabsides45 View Post
    It's a slang term I unfortunately picked up from a local rock station here, basically a play on words for "mother." I probably shouldn't be using such a term, given my Southern Baptist upbringing. What would mother say??

Mom probably wouldn't get the joke, I used to be able to say WTH (but not Heck) around my mom until one of my friends clues her in on what it meant.

As for printing and the guy at Sams Club I wouldn't have said anything since it seems pretty obvious his "package" is showing. This just seems stoopid to me since letting everything hang below his sweats defeats the purpose of CC, but whatev. I hope he's more careful with his handgun than his CC!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

I would have said something. I would hope that he would at least take the guesture to heart a little and get a different coat. My guess however is that he knew he was printing and didn't care...no matter what there will always be some people out there giving us a black eye.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

I might have struck up a conversation to gauge his demeanor and then let him know, if he was cool. If he was a knucklehead I'd have dropped the conversation and let him be, he'll hopefully learn after the "man with a gun" call was made.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Thank god spandex went out of fashion or he would have had a few more bulges you could try to identify
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Depends, if your in an OC state would probably say nothing, after all "No foul, No harm". In a state without OC, if it can be done discreetly might mention quietly that he was showing.

I guess if you were in TN and not in MS, then all was cool, since in TN it is a handgun carry permit and not a concealed carry permit.

There are quite a few members on here from TN that OC frequently as I read it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Colorado, being OC, I probably would not say anything.

The one time I tried to tell someone who I knew was carrying concealed, he totally ignored me.
    I then knew he just wanted everybody to know he was carrying a concealed weapon.
    A 21 year old kid, just got his CCW and PROUD of it.
    He's all better now.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

I would say nothing… I trend to mind my own business..

Half the cops in this area carry a pistol off duty, that is easily seen to trained eye.

And just yesterday, I walked back into the house, and my wife says “wow, you have a big pistol in your jeans back pocket”. I was unaware my G26 was hanging out so far, and I thought my jacket covered it. The funny thing she was the only one who noticed, or at least no one said anything.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Seek and you shall find

Quote Originally Posted by rolyat63 View Post
    Apparently what ever you want it to be. You should merfing looking it up. There are 28 definitions at this link...
    Ah your Google is strong, I have grown weak in the ways of the search engine.
    Last edited by bbqgrill; January 16th, 2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: messes up the code
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Attn those who say he would be covered in an OC state. THIS IS NOT TRUE!! The OP said that only PART of the gun was showing. In order for OC to be legal the gun must be CLEARLY visible. Half covered with a sweatshirt does not qualify, no matter how tight! Know the laws or get in trouble.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

TOF
    Quote Originally Posted by nosights View Post
    Attn those who say he would be covered in an OC state. THIS IS NOT TRUE!! The OP said that only PART of the gun was showing. In order for OC to be legal the gun must be CLEARLY visible. Half covered with a sweatshirt does not qualify, no matter how tight! Know the laws or get in trouble.
    Not true in all states.

Arizona only requires partial visibility to be a legal OC. I occasionaly OC with an IWB holster and no one notices. We live in one of the
    Free States.

Stay safe
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links