CCW probably just helped save me $280....

This is a discussion on CCW probably just helped save me $280.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well apparently rolling through a stop sign has gotten expensive and will now cost you at least $280 around here. Was driving home from studying ...

Thread: CCW probably just helped save me $280....

CCW probably just helped save me $280....

Well apparently rolling through a stop sign has gotten expensive and will now cost you at least $280 around here.

Was driving home from studying at a local coffee place my mind was just elsewhere I guess as I was behind another car at a stop sign and I must have just rolled through it after stopping behind that first car, in all honestly I don't remember...... was cancer pathology for the previous 4 hours so my mind was just zoning out.

Looked behind me and a copy is following me pretty closely, I changed lanes thinking he wanted to pass me but of course he stayed behind and I knew he was about to pull me over. He lights me up and I pull off at the next street.

My wallet and DL was in my backpack in the trunk so when he came up I told him I had to get it from there. So we're standing behind my car and I hand him my DL and CWL..... it's not required here in FL but I like to out of courtesy to the officer, in this case I think it helped. He asked me if I was currently carrying and where it was, told him it was behind my right hip and he said just to have seat back in the car. He didn't need to see it, didn't try to disarm, it didn't really faze him.

He came back after a few minutes and asked where I went to school, told him I was a med student and then he asked what I carried. I told him a Walther PPS at which point he turns and points to his hip saying he actually has a Walther P99, pretty cool. So we just chatted for a few seconds about our guns and how I'm a poor student and then he let me off with warning.

Ticket WOULD have been $280 he said. I guess with the economy that way it is the county has to bring in more money anyway they can. I guess this was a good time for me to a) be a poor student, and b) carrying the little brother of the officer's gun.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    You got off pretty good. Officer discretion can be a wonderful thing. I also have a PPS.

Next time, stop all the way.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

all good, be careful when driving.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

There is a special bond between Walther owners. If you were carrying anything else, you would have been $280 lighter! Or he just liked you and thought you deserved a break for studing that hard stuff!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Haha, seriously! It's been YEARS since I've gotten a ticket and usually am pretty aware of what I'm doing as I'm no longer a young 20-something who needs to speed around all the time.

Oh well, I was already bracing myself for the ticket when he walked up, though I really didn't expect it to be THAT much.

Two times during the past year I was able to avoid speeding tickets, one for 12 over, another for 5 over. It was my first time with a CHL during the stop for the 12-over ticket, and I forgot to mention that I had one. State trooper asked if I had a different license to show him, and then it clicked. He let me go with a warning.
    Second time the situation was a bit different. I goofed by keeping my firearm next to my license / registration (folks, please don't do that), but remembered it right when the trooper asked for them. I told him what I've done. He smiled, and told me that it was not a good idea to keep my weapon next to paperwork, and chuckled a little. I moved the seat back, and making slow movements opened the console lid, reached for the envelope and handed it to the officer. I'm sure he appreciated my actions. He let me off with a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nlax2011 View Post
    Haha, seriously! It's been YEARS since I've gotten a ticket and usually am pretty aware of what I'm doing as I'm no longer a young 20-something who needs to speed around all the time.

Oh well, I was already bracing myself for the ticket when he walked up, though I really didn't expect it to be THAT much.
    I'm a 62 year old that has never lost the NEED FOR SPPED! However, I limit it to days at the track - just cars now a days - still ride bikes but not on the track - that's a young persons adiction. I still drag race with guns (USPSA).
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Links