Ammo fund redistribution coming soon

This is a discussion on Ammo fund redistribution coming soon within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My company has changed my work schedule as well as the maintenance department as a whole to 5-8 hour days. For those who are wondering ...

Thread: Ammo fund redistribution coming soon

Ammo fund redistribution coming soon

My company has changed my work schedule as well as the maintenance department as a whole to 5-8 hour days. For those who are wondering or have in the past what sort of schedule I've been accustomed to for the past two years was a two week rotating schedule where I actually only worked 7 days out of every two weeks, or actually only half the days of the year since they were 12.5 hour days. But the company is cutting overtime as one work week of mine was 36 hours, and the other weeks were 48 hours as 8 of those were paid as overtime. And for frosting on the cake.....I drive 120 miles round trip to work on my work days, so I'll be adding some expenses now for 6 extra days driving to work per month.....more frequent oil changes, wear and tear, etc................. On the bright side, I'll be off every weekend (like normal folks, which I never wanted to be part of normal), and make any local gun show if I want to, or any of my local Club's range activities and matches since they are always on weekends. Last year I took two vacation days to do the Glock match with my local club. And since I had seniority and I'm the best they have in the forge shop, I got to choose my shift out of first or second. So I'll be doing first shift now, 6am-2:30pm which is going to give me a lot of daylight hours after work this summer. But no more three days off in a row, or complete days off during the week. All in all, I'm glad to still have a job in the big picture. But this is going to hit me in the ammo funding, and it's going to happen in two weeks. Oh...I've always been thankful for what I have, and glad I've stockpiled ammo over the years, and kept buying while the wife never says a word about it (maybe because I give her money to spend on herself every week?). But I do think this is all going to impact my range trips, and probably cut my practice ammo usage in half, and when there happen to be my local club matches, there will be another factor to dictate my decisions whether or not to blow 2-300 rounds + the match fee. I've also pretty much done away with any 'list' I've had in mind. I DO have enough firearms, and no wants or expectations for more. Looking back, I'm thankful for my past goals, and obtaining them while things were good and in plentiful supply at reasonable prices. I'm glad I got into firearms seriously at the ripe age of 25, and I thank my father (whom I haven't spoken to in years) for my first Marlin Glenfield 65c, and those plinking days at the shale pits in Carbondale, PA. I'm also thankful for my short term in the USMC and for the basic and advanced firearms tactics and training I received along with the concepts of survival and neutralizing the enemy. All of that makes me who I am today, and it's priceless to me. I would never be where I am today without any of that, and I'm very happy to still be alive to tell it.
    Truthfully, I can't give much meaning to this post. I'm not looking for any advice, or sympathy, or anything really. I have no idea when and if I'll have a mid-life crisis, but I'm coming up on another change in life compared to what I'm used to. I just felt the need to let something out (which I seldom do), and now you know a little bit more about me. Just don't forget that I'm a Glock guy at heart, so you can forgo the 'you need to reload for pistol cartridges' deal. Heck, I've still got to get with reloading 150 rounds of bolt action rifle ammo for the year and the cases are already prepped and ready to go. Now I'll have to make better use of my time than I have for several years. Thanks for listening.

2. Remove Ads

sounds like yer a victim of the econ. hope it works out well,

one other thing TALK TO YER DAD.
    before you can't

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    one other thing TALK TO YER DAD.
    before you can't
    Thanks for pointing that out. You don't know the whole thing, but you're right. It probably has more meaning to me than my sister. The past is the past right? You got me sort of teary eyed with that statement. I need to make a point of it now.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Well, given the current economic climate, you're coming off pretty well. I'm sure that you would prefer the old schedule, but as you said, you have a job. As someone recently laid off, I can say that means a lot. We'll all be fine long term, just a bump in the road.

I feel your pain. I lost my last job back in Nov. and started working for the Sherrifs dept. as a juvenile detention officer. The job is great and is only 4.25 miles from my home, but it cost me about $8 an hour. I am still adjusting to the pay cut, but am managing. It definitely cuts into the guns and ammo budget though.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I too, feel your pain. I have been out of work for 8 months and its tough. I start to freak out when I dwell on the ammo count for certain pistols I own, including the Christmas present I recently got and haven't even shot yet.
    A gun is no good unless you have the ammo to shoot in it.
    Something has got to break soon !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Wow, that sucks. I have worked 12 hour shifts with alternating 36 and 48 hour weeks for the last 20 years, and I would really hate to have to go back to an 8 hour Monday-Friday schedule.
    Good luck, I hope it all works out ok for you.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Consider yourself very lucky to have a job, I was laid off last week.
    Roy
    Dacono, CO
    CCW
    USAF Veteran

yep...I got my hours cut back too.

went from 5:00am-3:30 pm monday-friday, to 5:00-1:30.

someday's everybody gets sent home at 10:00am. not cool
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Now that you have weekends off, I'll hafta make it a point to ride down your way on a weekend and maybe you and I, and anyone else local, do a face to face over a meal and maybe talk abt "girls".
    "Brains before Bullets"

To each of you, who have a job I say, BE THANKFUL! I lost my job in March, 2008 and my wife lost her job in July, 2008. I finally fought my way through the red tape and received my first unemployment check last week. My wife has been turned down completely for her unemployment. To make a long story short, after 6 months of living on no income we now have an income of $800.00 a month.

Luxuries such as ammo have long since been forgotten; in fact it is a thrill just to be able to afford toilet paper once again. I did not write this for sympathy; but rather to remind each of you to be thankful for what you do have.
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Now that you have weekends off, I'll hafta make it a point to ride down your way on a weekend and maybe you and I, and anyone else local, do a face to face over a meal and maybe talk abt "girls".
    Sounds good. I know we haven't got to do a Springdale GTG yet, but I will be getting out early in the afternoons. Don't forget (anyone) that I'm allowed to take guests to my local club's ranges (2). Just give me enough advanced notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I'm glad I got into firearms seriously at the ripe age of 25, and I thank my father (whom I haven't spoken to in years) for my first Marlin Glenfield 65c, and those plinking days at the shale pits in Carbondale, PA.
    RR,

You only have one father.

In my experience, your life and heart will be enriched if you find a way to re-connect, perhaps forgive, and have that relationship made better.

Without all the crap, my dad died some years ago now. We had just begun to get near the kind of relationship I wanted, but never had, growing up. I still grieve what could have been, but am also profoundly grateful that we had begun the journey toward a much better father-son relationship.

Go for it. Be the big man in this, whatever may have happened. I think you'll be glad you did.

Mike
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

i am so sorry. go out and find another job. easier said then done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The past is the past right? I need to make a point of it now.
    I spent 15 years acting like a bullhead a$$ not talking to my dad over something stupid.
    Got to ask forgiveness about two years before he died.
    Don't blow it.

Links