My Goofy Dog

This is a discussion on My Goofy Dog within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So it is snowing here in CT again this morning, and I was out shoveling the snow off the deck. My crazy shepherd loves crunching ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Goofy Dog

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

My Goofy Dog

So it is snowing here in CT again this morning, and I was out shoveling the snow off the deck. My crazy shepherd loves crunching on ice, and will do so until her gums bleed. So she will stand on the ground and catch the snow and ice as it comes over the side when I shovel.

Thought I would snap a quick photo:

Anyone else's shepherd do something similar?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

My rottie does, he will position himself in front of the shovel so the snow hits him when I throw it off. His eyes get as big as garbage can lids. If I try to throw it over him he leaps up to grab it. To him it's game on time.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    I had one as a kid that would constantly bite a stream of water. Filling her water bucket was fun to watch. She just couldn't understand why she couldn't grab that stream. Good memories.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

At least it doesn’t dig up rocks and though them in the air catching them in its mouth. That’s what my buddy’s dog does, it still has teeth left, but I think they are all broken.

Ya gotta love a dog! The other day I was out cooking on the grill, and cooked up some hotdogs while I was at it. I love sauerkraut on a hot dog, and was piling it on thick. The dogs came around and of course wanted some of what I was eating. I gave one of the dogs a little sauerkraut and he ate it! I had to now feed all 4 dogs some, and only one didn't like it! Dogs that eat sauerkraut! Who would have thunk it!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Nothing beats mans best friend...nice picture...hey come work in Virginia and we can get you in the 30's today with no snow......but then your Shepard wont have anything to eat!!!! lol

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    At least it doesn’t dig up rocks and though them in the air catching them in its mouth. That’s what my buddy’s dog does, it still has teeth left, but I think they are all broken.
    Actually she will dig up rocks and crunch them as well. She knows the commands "drop", and "leave it", but as soon as I turn my back it is game on again. She also likes grabbing splits from the woodpile and crunching those up as well. Several times she has got a piece stuck at the roof of her mouth between the upper teeth, and I have had to reach in and pluck it out.

Also, my son was playing ball with her using an aluminum softball bat and a tennis ball. So he throws the ball up and swings, and she jumps for the ball at the same time. The bat connects with her mouth and breaks one of her lower canines. She doesn't yelp at all, just runs after the ball and brings it back, spraying blood everywhere from the broken tooth. That root canal cost me $700, but she is worth it.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    My sheltie used to do that. He loved trying to catch snowballs too. He also liked when you just randomly throw snow in his face. I didn't get it.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I used to have a dog that would go after the stream of water coming out of the sprinkler. It looked like he was trying to use it as a water pick!

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    Ya gotta love a dog! The other day I was out cooking on the grill, and cooked up some hotdogs while I was at it. I love sauerkraut on a hot dog, and was piling it on thick. The dogs came around and of course wanted some of what I was eating. I gave one of the dogs a little sauerkraut and he ate it! I had to now feed all 4 dogs some, and only one didn't like it! Dogs that eat sauerkraut! Who would have thunk it!
    My dog will eat almost anything, even including salad and other vegetables. What she really loves though is sweets and chocolate, although I only give her the latter in moderation. Too much chocolate is deadly for a dog.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Dogs that eat sauerkraut!
    I hope for your sake they slept outside that night!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    My dog will eat almost anything, even including salad and other vegetables. What she really loves though is sweets and chocolate, although I only give her the latter in moderation. Too much chocolate is deadly for a dog.
    Chocolate is bad for dogs...not just deadly... any amount affects a dog.. sometimes you can't see the effects of it. It increases the serotonin output in the brain just as it does in humans. But in humans, the body knows when to stop the output...
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Administrator
    Chocolate. Very bad for dogs.

Absolutely no dark or semi-sweet chocolate.
    A VERY TINY amount of weak chocolate is OK & I mean like a small teaspoon of ice-cream.

Sometimes if I eat a chocolate bar I'll give my dog a tiny piece about the size of a pea.
    That's enough for her to be happy and feeling like she is getting something good.

GRAPES and raisins...can also be DEADLY to dogs.
    Your dog for sure is not going to croak from one or two grapes or a couple of raisins but, don't ever give them any more than that.

Our veterinary hospital gets approximately 50 cases a year of dogs in toxic shock overdose from grapes, raisins, & chocolate.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Onions are bad for them too. I make special doggy chicken soup with no onions because my two slobs love it. They eat as good as I do.

Sounds like typical GSD behavior. We've had several of them....Got to love them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links